Spin 5 SP513-52N Active Stylus not working

mrleatherpants
mrleatherpants Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2020 in Swift and Spin Series
My Spin SP513-52N's active stylus won't let me click, draw, or write on anything. I've tried replacing the batteries and the pen nib but it still wouldn't work. The pen works fine as a cursor but whenever I have to tap on anything I don't see anything happening. This has been going on for the past two weeks and I've contacted Acer about it but I just need to make sure I've done everything I can before I send my device in. Thanks!

Answers

• AstralLamb
    AstralLamb Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hey, I'm having a similar problem as you, were you able to find a way to solve this problem?
  • Balatekie
    Balatekie ACE Posts: 1,353 Pioneer
    Hi, Some Acer products support using an Active Stylus to increase touch precision and utilize features like pressure sensitive drawing. Please refer to the table below to see the part numbers of the active stylus supported on your product:
    Note: The part number of each stylus is listed in the top row of the table below. Example: The stylus made by N-trig has the part number NP.STY1A.001.

ModelStylus support
    N-trig
    NP.STY1A.001
    Primax
    NP.STY1A.002
    Elan
    NP.STY1A.005
    Elan
    NP.STY1A.006
    Elan
    NC.23811.046
    Elan
    NP.STY1A.009
    Wacom
    NP.STY1A.010
    Wacom
    NC.23811.05A
    D651N-------Yes
    NP515-51-----Yes--
    R7-371T-Yes------
    R7-372T--YesYes----
    R7-572Yes-------
    R751T*--------
    R751TN------Yes-
    SA5-271--YesYes----
    SA5-271P--YesYes----
    SP111-31*--------
    SP111-31N----YesYes--
    SP111-32N-----Yes--
    SP513-51*--------
    SP513-52N-----Yes--
    SP515-51GN-----Yes--
    SP515-51N-----Yes--
    SW5-011*--------
    SW5-012*--------
    SW5-014--YesYes----
    SW5-014P--YesYes----
    SW5-015-Yes------
    SW5-111-Yes------
    SW5-171-Yes------
    SW5-171P-Yes------
    SW5-173--YesYes----
    SW5-173P--YesYes----
    SW5-271-Yes------
    SW7-272--YesYes----
    SW312-31-----Yes--
    SW312-31P-----Yes--
    SW512-52-----Yes--
    SW512-52P-----Yes--
    TMB118-RN----YesYes--

* Does not support Active Stylus

SOURCE: 
    https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42675
     :) If you think I've answered your question, please hit the Accept Answer:)

• maverickbrum
    maverickbrum Member Posts: 1 New User
    Me too this is becoming a thing..any news from the Manufacturer on how to fix. My retailer washed his hands...
  • Ianerino
    Ianerino Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, I've got exactly this problem with my Spin 5 SP515-51GN active stylus pen that came included with the laptop that I bought directly from Acer about a year ago. It used to work brilliantly but now all I get is the cursor. it won't tap, double tap or draw. The buttons on the pen work though!!! 
  • Ianerino
    Ianerino Member Posts: 2 New User
    My pen is a NC23811040 which isn't included on the compatibility table. but as I said, this pen was included with the sale of the laptop, direct from Acer and used to work perfectly... :(
  • kvandris
    kvandris Member Posts: 2 New User
    I am having this exact same problem, my stylus came with my laptop which I had bought refurbished. Ive had the laptop and pen for under a month. I cannot find a way to fix this online and I need the stylus for note taking. Acer, still waiting on an answer.
  • danybraun
    danybraun Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have a similar issue: Acer Spin came with a Acer Active Stylus pen.  It worked well for a short time, but then the pen started drawing dashed lines only in all the apps I tried it.  Don´t know if it´s an issue with the pen, or some setting - couldn´t find anything on it. Running Windows 10.
    Does anybody have an idea?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
  • Lucas98871
    Lucas98871 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Change the AAAA Battery, it will work again, unless it has changed by used battery
  • WillQRogers
    WillQRogers Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    Has anybody found a solution to this problem? My stylus is not reliable either. I don't even know how to diagnose the problem.

Perhaps I should buy a replacement stylus?
  • AviationCaptain
    AviationCaptain Member Posts: 1 New User
    I don't know exactly what all your problems are, but when my stylus stops responding to everything (which occurs about once in about ten times), I spam each button alternately for about ten seconds. After that, it seems to function again. I don't know why...
  • Cyndi123
    Cyndi123 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same problem. I haven't been able to find a replacement stylus anywhere in Canada - I've seen some on Amazon claim that they are compatible but I'm not eager to try because of the very specific compatibility list. Has anyone resolved this with a new stylus or new replacement tips?
  • WillQRogers
    WillQRogers Member Posts: 40 Troubleshooter
    I bought a replacement that works, the Wacom Bamboo Ink Stylus for Windows Ink - Grey.

See here for more details.

• Cistrung
    Cistrung Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, i have the same problem. I tried changing tip and battery but all I get is a cursor that doesn't work when clicking or drawing. Did anyone find what's the problem? And maybe a solution?  
    Thanks 
  • ronanski
    ronanski Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    Hi, same thing has now happened to me! Used to work fine, now doesn't even recognise it's there, cannot even select with it or anything!