Acer Nitro VG270UPBMIIPX The monitor does not display the BIOS

WojtusW5
WojtusW5 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited April 2020 in Monitors
Hi, I have a problem with my Acer Nitro VG270UPBMIIPX monitor
I have it connected through the display port and when I turn on the computer, the monitor only turns on at the Windows lock screen.
So entering bios is problematic.
On the previous monitor via DVI there was no problem.

Any suggestions ?
Thanks in advance

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Some of the newest monitors don't support the really low resolution screens, like 640x480 and 800x600. Often those are the display modes the BIOS uses though. I don't know of a work around for it yet. :(
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WojtusW5
    WojtusW5 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have already found a solution, I switched the monitor DP version from 1.4 to 1.2 and the screen gets up immediately after turning on.
    Version 1.2 supports 144Hz at 2k also enough. 

Subject to close.
  • a_drenaline
    a_drenaline Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2021
    I made account to say, this was my solution!

I am (and I'm sure many are) are waiting to get the new RTX cards for their PC builds.

I bought a cheap Nvidia NVS 295 that has two displayports to hold me out. I paired it with the Acer KG251QF display.

With the default monitor config, the display does not display POST/BIOS. But it will display the Windows log in screen.

My guess why this worked:
    The NVS 295 came out in 2009!
    Which was probably around the time DP 1.0/1.1 protocol was just being implemented in hardware.

So yeah, for anyone using really old cards that only support DP 1.1, switch the monitor to DP1.1 mode, and it will display POST/BIOS and Windows login !!!