My Acer Aspire 3 A315-54-389V keyboard won't work, I've already tried everything but nothing changed

Angelchimbabyy
Angelchimbabyy Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello guys! I'm new here and I hope to get an answer for my issue. I already tried rebooting my pc, and reinstalling the ps/2 keyboard. (The driver keyboard) and also updated it, and it says that is is already in the latest version, however, the keyboard still doesn't work. The caps lock and the num lock also doesn't work, same with the f keys (f1 to f12) all the keys in my keyboard are not working, except for the power button. My laptop's model is Acer Aspire 3, A315-53-389V. Can you give me more suggestions on how to fix my laptop's keyboard? Thankyou!

Best Answer

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    @AngelchimbabyyTry starting up the computer in "Safe Mode" and see if the keyboard works fine in there. If it does, then you have something on the laptop that is causing the problem. Virus, malware, bad program, etc. You will need to remove the cause to get it to work correctly.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Have you checked that the keyboard is properly connected to the motherboard?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698 I'll try that. How will I start my laptop in safe mode?
  • Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

Have you checked that the keyboard is properly connected to the motherboard?
    I think I can't do that, I don't know how to open up a laptop, or maybe you thought that I was using a computer. 
  • GAMING6698
    Answer ✓
    @Angelchimbabyy go to settings→update&security→Recovery→under advanced startup click on restart 

Clicking Restart Now will restart your system in recovery mode where you will encounter three options: Continue, Troubleshoot, or Turn Off Your PC.

Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options. You now have a new range of options to choose from.

Select Start-up Settings > Restart. Your system will restart. The Startup Settings screen will load after you reboot. From here, choose the requisite option for Safe Mode

• Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

@Angelchimbabyy go to settings→update&security→Recovery→under advanced startup click on restart 

Clicking Restart Now will restart your system in recovery mode where you will encounter three options: Continue, Troubleshoot, or Turn Off Your PC.

Select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options. You now have a new range of options to choose from.

Select Start-up Settings > Restart. Your system will restart. The Startup Settings screen will load after you reboot. From here, choose the requisite option for Safe Mode

I'll try it out, thankyou! I'm gonna update you after I did that. ❤️
  • Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698 I did the things that you've said, as I have to choose the option for safe mode, which is the F4 key from MY keyboard, I realized I can't enable my laptop for safe mode since my F keys are not working. And then upon clicking it continuously, my laptop suddenly shut itself down. :((
  • GAMING6698
    @Angelchimbabyy did you check that keys are working when power off.turn on your laptop then keep pressing F2 are you able to in bios check it

• Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

@GAMING6698 my keys aren't working,  ONLY THE POWER BUTTON works. Maybe pressing the f2 key won't even do anything :(
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

I'm sorry for the late reply, I'll check it out. Thankyou!
  • jeka
    jeka Member Posts: 3 New User
    hi @Angelchimbabyy we're the same problem. how did you resolve this?
  • Naa65
    Naa65 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I also have the same problem @Angelchimbabyy
    Is yours already fixed? 
  • GabrieleBrandao
    GabrieleBrandao Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Também tive o mesmo problema tentei de tudo, mas não teve jeito, enviei para o reparo.
  • lonbush
    lonbush Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Same problem how to resolve this? My laptop model is Acer Aspire 3 (A315-53-39NK)

Im using external keyboard everyday. Tssssssssss inconvenient
  • GAMING6698
    @lonbush
    Create your own new topic with full details 

• lonbush
    lonbush Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

@lonbush
    Create your own new topic with full details 
    Hi As Tread starter stated above I have the same problem for almost a month.. my keyboard is not working... ive tried all of possible solutions from the internet.. but no luck... my keyboard is still not working
  • Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

jeka said:
    hi @Angelchimbabyy we're the same problem. how did you resolve this?
    Hello ! I have a problem signing in so this may be a late reply, I haven't resolved it by myself and I brought it to a service center near me. And since it's still under a warranty, I used it and changed the parts. The parts were delivered from Acer directly. 
  • Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

Naa65 said:
    I also have the same problem @Angelchimbabyy
    Is yours already fixed? 
    I'm afraid you should bring it to a near Service center in your area if the above solutions provided by other users still didn't helped you fix your laptop. Have a good day :)
  • Angelchimbabyy

Tinkerer

lonbush said:
    Same problem how to resolve this? My laptop model is Acer Aspire 3 (A315-53-39NK)

Im using external keyboard everyday. Tssssssssss inconvenient
    hello! We almost have the same model of laptop🤦🏻‍♀️ That is really upsetting if we're gonna set up another external keyboard for the laptop even though we have a built in keyboard but cannot be used. My best advice is to bring it to a service center if the above suggested solutions still didn't work. Have a great day! And stay safe! :)