Acer Aspire A515-51G-53JT keyboard problem

Comments

• gopal07
    gopal07 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi All,

I am also facing the same problem for the keys (1 3 - q t p ] j 3(num) 5(num) right arrow), some times it will work some times it won't. There is a inconsistent behaviour in those keys.

I could see many people reported this issue on same keys. I would request Acer to address this problem properly.

I am using Aspire A515-51G model.
  • ManishKataria
    ManishKataria Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

My power button is not working, I have to continuously press other button, like Spacebar to boot the laptop. But as soon as I leave the key, laptop turns off. Acer seriously has this Keyboard issue. Never ever buying Acer products again. 
  • @ManishKataria This is a problem with the keyboard. Is your notebook under warranty?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • PaoloRamirez
    PaoloRamirez Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Escribiendo desde la cuarentena. No hay servicio técnico. Tuve que instalarle un teclado USB para poder escribir estas palabras. Esto ya no es una laptop. Defecto de fabricación del que Acer tiene que hacerse responsable. 

• JJJackson
    JJJackson Member Posts: 1 New User
    @ManishKataria This is a problem with the keyboard. Is your notebook under warranty?
    Does replacing the keyboard fix this error for people out of warranty or should i look into replacing the motherboard as well?
    Does replacing the keyboard fix this error for people out of warranty or should i look into replacing the motherboard as well?

• @JJJackson I think it solves the problem.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Pedrosuave
    Pedrosuave Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited May 2020
    I found a caveman fix for the 1-3-p-q-t... Just going off that misplaced glue comment. I got the machine really hot then depressed the problem keys sometimes held them for awhile and it started working.
    So I  kept repeating that and it seems to have solved the problem.
  • @Pedrosuave How long did you hold the keys?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pagaffuso
    pagaffuso Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Mesmo problema, nao consigo resolve-lo
  • @pagaffusoIs your notebook under warranty?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• pagaffuso
    pagaffuso Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

nikochiko said:
    2020 same problem.
    It's been over a year. I contacted the customer service once, and they replaced the keypad. Worked for few days but back to not working again. Then I created another request saying so and didn't even get a reply.
    Some Acer official, please respond.
    Also, on another, not going for acer again.
    Conseguiu alguma solução  ?
  • sevathubie
    sevathubie Member Posts: 10 New User
    edited June 2020
    same problem  here. Any solutions?
     im desperate
  • Ubarbasan
    Ubarbasan Member Posts: 0 Newbie
    I didn't want to send this possible solution that I found without trying it before, what I did was place the cable that connects the keyboard to the motherboard in the way in the photo, also clean all the plastic that is between the keyboard and the motherboard and already has a week working perfectly ... continue reporting,
    Hey man, tanks a lot for this post! Tomorrow I have the same problem... I'm working with the laptop and tac black desktop. I try all I find on the net and with your help now it revive!
  • PaoloRamirez
    PaoloRamirez Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Writing from quarantine. There is no technical service. I had to install a USB keyboard to be able to type these words. This is no longer a laptop. Manufacturing defect for which Acer must be responsible.
    Green and lightblue keys, it's ok.
    Escribe tu comentario
  • SENTINELA
    SENTINELA Member Posts: 3 New User
    Alguna solución ???????
  • Playmouth
    Playmouth Member Posts: 4 New User
    update... full keyboard replacement...dond
    Where do you bought the replacement? 
    I'm done with this try n' fail thing.
  • @Playmouth What is the exact model? Example a515-51-58vh.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Playmouth
    Playmouth Member Posts: 4 New User
    @Playmouth What is the exact model? Example a515-51-58vh.
    Nitro AN515-42
  • @Playmouth In that case, ideally, you should create a new topic and add me by placing an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• LucasDiniz
    LucasDiniz Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2020
    Olá a todos, peguei o acer aspire 5 A515-51-51UX, usado mas já com esse problema e acredito que não seja hardware. não sei ainda como resolver, alguém ai conseguiu?

Hello everyone, I got the acer aspire 5 A515-51-51UX, used but already with this problem and I believe it is not hardware. I don't know how to solve it yet, did anyone get it?
This discussion has been closed.