Advice for my Predator g6 please

RAZOR1234560
RAZOR1234560 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi 
I have a Predator g6 i7 6th gen 980 gpu desktop machine. I have it connected to a Samsung tv via a hdmi cable (hdmi both ends). Yesterday the pc didn't connect to the tv saying " No cable connected - follow the steps below". I followed the steps but to no avail. I have tried different hdmi cables so know it isn't the cable. I have tested the tv and that's ok. I have tried a different tv and get the same message. It has 1 hdmi port, 3 dp ports and 1 dvi port, which output would give me the best solution?   Or could it be an issue with the pc itself? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited the content to hide personal information
Acer-Samuel

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Does the TV have inputs other than the HDMI ports? HDMI is what's usually used for this type of setup, but some TVs have alternate inputs that could be tested.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RAZOR1234560
    edited March 2020
    Hi bi11sey my tv has 2 hdmi ports and a USB port recently we have tested my pc by using a dp to hdmi cable but still had the same result of my tv not connecting.
     Thank you 

Edited the content to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel
  • billsey
    And I assume with the HDMI connected you used the Source function on the TV remote to look at the right input? :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RAZOR1234560
    I did it's not the source I think it would be something to do with the gpu or ram where either are not working but I still dont know what to do
  • billsey
    Yeah, you've tried different cables and tried the TV using a different HDMI source, that points at the PC side. Can you test with a different display somehow?