My Acer P455 MG travelmate not turning on and is also not charging

Haa
Haa Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have Acer P455 MG travelmate laptop. it's not turning on and also it doesn't charge and not turning on the charge blinking Light. PLZ some one tell me what I Do?????

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Do you have any tools to test the charger? How long has it been sitting without a charge? How old is the laptop?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Haa
    edited March 2020

billsey said: Do you have any tools to test the charger? How long has it been sitting without a charge? How old is the laptop?

Yes  I have multimeter and i have checked the charger is okay. And the laptop is core i5 5th Generation. It was not fully charged but 20 or 30 percent charged.
    when I connect the charger it turned on the charging light  but suddenly it turned offed and after that the laptop was not turning on. plzz someone help me when I do with this ? Billsey send me your Gmail ID .I will send you pictures of my laptop plzz. I have also attached pictures of my laptop.
    Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    OK, my info on the P455-MG says 4th gen processor, so your has a newer motherboard. There should be a ribbon cable that goes from the power connector board to the motherboard, mounted inside the top case. If that has come disconnected or has broken you would not charge even though the power supply seems to connect well. I'd pull it apart far enough to test that cable, and perhaps test that the charging voltage gets through to the motherboard end of the cable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Haa
    billsey said: I don't understand plz can you send me a video .
    OK, my info on the P455-MG says 4th gen processor, so your has a newer motherboard. There should be a ribbon cable that goes from the power connector board to the motherboard, mounted inside the top case. If that has come disconnected or has broken you would not charge even though the power supply seems to connect well. I'd pull it apart far enough to test that cable, and perhaps test that the charging voltage gets through to the motherboard end of the cable.
    billsey said: