Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3 - My keyboard stopped working after some time.

Xhiandrei1429
Xhiandrei1429 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi!

I've added this question using my mobile device as a keyboard. The reason is because my laptop's keyboard stopped working. Is there any chance I can seek help from you guys?

My laptop's model is: Acer Aspire 3 A315-41G-R5U3 running on a valid Windows 10 Pro license key.

Here are the steps I've tried on my end:
  • Tried restarting my laptop - no good
  • Tried uninstalling my keyboard's driver and re-installing it - no good
  • Tried booting into safe mode - no good
  • Taking laptop to tablet mode then back to normal - no good
  • Tried using Troubleshooting options through the Windows settings - no good
  • Tried formatting device while keeping files - no good
  • Tried formatting device and deleting everything - no good

These are all the steps I've tried. Another thing I've tried, is to shut down the device and let it rest for about a day or two. Upon booting, the keyboard will work. After 30 minutes or so, it will stop working again. Also, plugging in an external keyboard seemed to work fine. As well as using my iPhone as the keyboard by using an app is working fine as well.

By the way, the only thing that works in the keyboard when this happens, is the power button. I never tried opening it as well as it will void my warranty. I haven't brought the device yet to a service center yet as well since I don't have the time at the moment.

Are there other things that I can do to fix this?

Hoping to hear back from you guys.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,446 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    You should take it to the service center as the KB needs to be lifted and its ribbon cable re-seated on the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    You should take it to the service center as the KB needs to be lifted and its ribbon cable re-seated on the mainboard. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Xhiandrei1429
    Xhiandrei1429 Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    I see. Meaning to say, there's still a possibility that my keyboard is working fine? Will that be correct? Cause I suspect that it's a hardware issue and that my keyboard is faulty which is why this is happening. I just can't do the steps you've provided cause it will void my warranty.

Anyway, I'll do what you've suggested. I'll bring it to the service center. :)
  • JackE
    Yes, the keyboard ribbon cable connector would be a hardware issue. And yes, it is sometimes difficult to access this connector, so it should be done by ACER service to protect warranty. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Vijay_Bissa
    Vijay_Bissa Member Posts: 1 New User
    Is there any link that can show how to reseat the said KB connector ?
  • JackE
    Google  a315-41G disassembly keyboard. It is not a trivial process and may void your warranty if it's still in effect. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ