Broken screen hinge

ds500
ds500 Member Posts: 91 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
One of my screen hinges has warped out of position and puts pressure on the upper casing whenever i open and close the lid
 The kensington lock part is not seated and moving about, might be missing screws.

Answers

• Is your notebook under warranty? Did you drop the notebook?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ds500
    It's not under warranty and i didn't drop it, trhe laptop is Aspire V3-771G. The left hand hinge has more hole screw holes than other but only one screw in place which won't hold it in place, i took a photo of hinge but can't upload it just now. When i open lid left side pulls away from laptop body, no screws seem to fit any hinge hole.
  • It is very likely that the nuts holding the screw in place are damaged:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ds500
    No, its not those ones, they are okay its the part fixing it to the body of the laptop. screws are missing and not sure what size thread is.
  • OK! But are the threads perfect or damaged?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    When putting laptop back together none of the six top part screws (3 either side) would screw in so i would think the mainboard might be damaged, or maybe its just because of the hinge?
  • Can you ship from an angle of the hinges and threads that secure the screws?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    missing screws i think.

• There are some screws missing, see:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    Do you know what the screw size is?
  • Check here: M2.5x5

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    I'd probably be better trying an existing screw in that hole, if it won't screw in then it must be a damaged casing, what can i do if casing is damaged?
  • I think you should try to use the screw first. If it is not possible, you may be able to use resin glue, but it is something I do not like to do.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    Some back case screws are missing or stripped (main body screws), what size do i need for these (acer V3-771G) ?
  • Can you send a photo of the location of the screws?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    I tried screws again, none will connect hinge to board, why don't you advise using resin glue?
  • Have you checked if the threads that hold the screw in place are damaged?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    I can't see any damage but remember small pieces chipping off the case a few times.
  • I think it would be better to send the notebook to a repair center. Some users use resin to repair the housing. But I don't like to use it, especially in an area that generates stress, as the problem is very likely to occur again.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ds500
    If it's housing, how can they repair it, i know zandparts sell a lot of parts but not seen the main housing on their website.