Laptop keeps crashing , unknown reason

ZendoS
ZendoS Member Posts: 34 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives

I'll explain the problem , i have a Nitro AN515-54 . This notebook is.. around a year old if that helps. The problem is , my laptop keeps crashing randomly . By crashing i mean the screen becomes frozen for 10 seconds then the screen turning black for 10 or so seconds and it just turns back on . When it turns back on most programs running crash. I really , really need your help . Overheating isn't the answer since i use NitroSense when i use a program that takes alot of space , there are also no crash code or anything to explain what happened when my pc crashed
 ... Please , whoever is reading this help me... desperate haha

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,073 Pathfinder
    ZendoS said:

I'll explain the problem , i have a Nitro AN515-54 . This notebook is.. around a year old if that helps. The problem is , my laptop keeps crashing randomly . By crashing i mean the screen becomes frozen for 10 seconds then the screen turning black for 10 or so seconds and it just turns back on . When it turns back on most programs running crash. I really , really need your help . Overheating isn't the answer since i use NitroSense when i use a program that takes alot of space , there are also no crash code or anything to explain what happened when my pc crashed
    Reset you laptop from settings .there might be corrupted files 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • ZendoS
    ZendoS said:

How .. do we do this.. i'm not good with tech , help please
    thanks
  • GAMING6698
    ZendoS said:
    ZendoS said:

How .. do we do this.. i'm not good with tech , help please
    thanks

Go to settings-Update & security-then find recovery option in left side click on it-under reset this click get started-then you will have two option keep your files and erase every things i recommend you to do erase every this .

before doing this backup your important file,data because reset will delete everything and get all settings to default

• ZendoS
    Is there an alternative solution to this? my PC keeps saying stuff like "There was a problem resetting this PC" and under it saying " No changes have been made" , i have been searching everywhere for a solution . I tried resetting the pc but using a flash drive , but when i wanted to install the windows 10 setup tool to my flash drive , it says that "We're not sure what happened , but we're unable to run this tool on this PC" (error code is 0x80070020-0x90018) . If there is an alternative choice i would appreciate that.. thanks
  • GAMING6698
    ZendoS said:
    Is there an alternative solution to this? my PC keeps saying stuff like "There was a problem resetting this PC" and under it saying " No changes have been made" , i have been searching everywhere for a solution . I tried resetting the pc but using a flash drive , but when i wanted to install the windows 10 setup tool to my flash drive , it says that "We're not sure what happened , but we're unable to run this tool on this PC" (error code is 0x80070020-0x90018) . If there is an alternative choice i would appreciate that.. thanks
    There may be restore point created so,
    turn on you laptop and keep pressing F8 till you reach in advance startup then go select Troubleshoot > Advanced options >then click on system restore 

After this try to reset

• ZendoS
    It asked for my account's password , i did not have any . Since i bought this pc booting up didnt ask me for anything , the pc just booted . help?
  • GAMING6698
    Open cmd as administrator and run both commands one by one-
    1st command - DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

2nd command - sfc /scannow 

• ZendoS
    It says '/Cleanup-Image is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file
  • GAMING6698
    ZendoS said:
    It says '/Cleanup-Image is not recognized as an internal or external command operable program or batch file
    Your window 10 files are corrupted and now only we can do is install new window
    10.download window 10 iso file from Microsoft and make bootable usb through rufus MBG AND BIOS OPTION.This will we genuine and automatically install window 10 home and activate it because window 10 home key is attach in your motherboard and bios.

Download from here-

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10ISO

When iso complete and insert your USB open rufus then select iso and option MBR AND BIOS AND CLICK ON START.

• ZendoS
    can you uhh.. make a list of instructions? im sorry if i'm such a hassle i'm just 12
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    ZendoS said:
    can you uhh.. make a list of instructions? im sorry if i'm such a hassle i'm just 12
    Note: Before you install or reinstall Windows on your PC, remember to Back up your important files.Insert your USB /pen drive(8gb or more)then follow 

Step 1. Download Windows 10 Media Creation Tool and follow the instruction to get the following page. Then, check the second option Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and click Next.

Step 2.choose to Use the recommended options for this PC, which automatically selects the language, edition, and architecture that match the PC that you are using right now.

Step 3. Choose what kind of media storage device you want to use. Here I take USB flash drive as an example. Choose USB flash drive and press Next.

Step 4. Select the USB drive you want to use for creating Windows 10 installation media and click Next.

Step 5. Then Microsoft Media Creation Tool starts to download the latest Windows 10 installation files on your computer or device

Step 6. When the download is completed, it will start to create Windows 10 media.

Step 7. When it is done, click Finish and then you can use that drive to boot up your computer and install Windows 10.

First do these steps next  i tell you later after you done this 

• ZendoS
    i did it! what's next now
  • GAMING6698
    ZendoS said:
    i did it! what's next now
    Now, you can install new fresh window.
    (Insert your usb then -
    1)press the Power key to turn on the computer.

2)Press the Alt and F10 keys at the same time when the Acer logo appears on the screen. Your system should boot to a blue screen that says Choose an option.

3)there may be option to boot in USB may be in 1st screen or in troubleshoot find it and click on it and select you usb

4)Then keep going click install, choose language,accept Microsoft licence page after that you need to install window in drive.there may be 3-4drives ignore others and only select you acer drive ( in which your pre-installed window is installed then click on format and press next.now window going to install automatically wait for a while 

(After installing you need to install acer care centre,nitrosense and quick access from acer site.
    Click on yes if your issue is solved)

• ZendoS
    When i did alt +f10 at the acer screen , nothing happened i just went into the desktop 
  • GAMING6698
    ZendoS said:
    When i did alt +f10 at the acer screen , nothing happened i just went into the desktop 
    You need to hold alt and keep pressing f10 until you reach 

• ZendoS
    nothing happened still..
  • GAMING6698
    edited March 2020
    Or you can do this also 
    Turn off your laptop then click on power option then hold shift key and click on restart 

• GAMING6698
    Follow above post

• ZendoS
    Or you can do this also 
    Turn off your laptop then click on power option then hold shift key and click on restart 
    so i turn it on and hold shift key , if so . what do you mean click on restart . nothing pops up , is there a way to do this with advanced start-up?
  • ZendoS
    wait , nevermind im here at the page