Acer Nitro 7 cannot get 144hz to work & stuck on 60hz?...

Phatisimo
Phatisimo Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Just received a new Acer Nitro 7 Laptop with a 144hz screen that was advertised & the reason I bought it was for that. I cannot get it to switch off 60hz & when trying to change it through display settings it shows no other option other then 60hz... I made for sure that I ordered a 144hz so if it's truly not then I guess I return it being false advertising.
Model #AN715-51-73BU

Any help would be appreaciated!

Best Answer

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    @Phatisimo Sorry to inform you but your particular model ships with a 60hz screen
    The main page on the Acer website for the Nitro 7 says 144Hz with a superscript...any time you see a spec with a superscript or asterisk, you should assume that not all models meet that spec.  In this case, scrolling down to the bottom of the page, for that number it says "Specification vary by model and/or region." You can however buy a 144hz replacement screen, details for your model below

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    Phatisimo said:
    Just received a new Acer Nitro 7 Laptop with a 144hz screen that was advertised & the reason I bought it was for that. I cannot get it to switch off 60hz & when trying to change it through display settings it shows no other option other then 60hz... I made for sure that I ordered a 144hz so if it's truly not then I guess I return it being false advertising.
    Model #AN715-51-73BU

Any help would be appreaciated!
    Update your graphic driver .which graphic card do you have?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Phatisimo

Tinkerer

I did that & it has the most current. GTX 1650.
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020 Answer ✓
    @Phatisimo Sorry to inform you but your particular model ships with a 60hz screen
    The main page on the Acer website for the Nitro 7 says 144Hz with a superscript...any time you see a spec with a superscript or asterisk, you should assume that not all models meet that spec.  In this case, scrolling down to the bottom of the page, for that number it says "Specification vary by model and/or region." You can however buy a 144hz replacement screen, details for your model below

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Phatisimo

Tinkerer

Thanks & I just returned the laptop for a different one. Inaccurate website description & after reading forums it sounds like a ton of people had the same issue with this laptop.