A515-52G shutdown during boot on battery

Dan_Mornill
Dan_Mornill Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone,
Out of the blue, my Aspire wasn't able to boot anymore on battery. Everthing goes well when I plug it on the sector.
At first I thought it was software related, but I also got a shutdown when entering the BIOS.
The battery is fully charged, and I checked it with a cmd command, no warnings (11 % deterioration after less than one year use).
I tried reseting the battery like explained on Acer support website, but with no luck.
I'm on the latest BIOS (1.16). Am I stuck with a Hardware problem that needs customer care ? I'm in France and stuck at home because of Covid-19...

Answers

• Have you tried to uninstall these drivers?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dan_Mornill
    edited March 2020
    Hello,
    No I haven't, but as I said previously, the shutdown also appears when I am entering the BIOS.
    One or two times also, the screen did'nt even lit up.
    So I don't think a Windows driver is involved ?
  • Yes. Some users have already solved the problem by reinstalling those drivers. It is very likely that your notebook will turn off when doing this.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dan_Mornill
    edited March 2020
    Just did it, no change at all.
    I couldn't even boot on the battery at all this time (keyboard lights up, HDD starts, and ka-boom shutdown).

And what is very odd : after booting, the computer works on battery !
    It's like the battery isn't able to pass the power surge during the boot sequence.
  • Are there any drivers with problems in the device manager?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dan_Mornill
    As I'vs said previously, everything else is fine.
  • What happens when you reset the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dan_Mornill
    The exact same as before the reset
  • What happens when you disable fast startup?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dan_Mornill
    I disabled this option long ago, as I wanted to be able to have a real Windows shutdown
  • What happens when you press alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dan_Mornill
    Nothing happens.
    And this time the shutdown occured before the Acer logo.
  • Have you tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dan_Mornill
    Isn't that the reset procedure I have already mentioned in my first post ?
  • Dan_Mornill
    And when I came here I had two questions :  is this a known problem, and is there any chance a Bios update might fix it ?
  • Not! I mean physically disconnecting the battery and reconnecting it to the motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dan_Mornill
    You mean opening the case of the laptop and breaking the warranty ?
  • Is there a guarantee seal?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Dan_Mornill
    I do not really want to have a bad surprise...
  • Dan_Mornill
    May someone of Acer confirm I can open my laptop to check the battery, without having problem with the warranty ?