New Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 - Display does not turn ON after Locked/Sleep/Display off

PPNSteve
PPNSteve Member Posts: 7 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
SEE: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/557080/new-acer-aspire-e-15-display-doesnot-turn-on-after-sleep-display-off
I am also having same issue with brand new Aspire E 15 (E5-576G-5762)
Win 10 all latest updates, all latest drivers.. very annoying issue.
@egydiocoelho  @Syd25 

Answers

• What is the version bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    @PPNSteve does it get back with a quick press of the power button, or does that do a shut down?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PPNSteve
    edited December 2019
    billsey said:
    @PPNSteve does it get back with a quick press of the power button, or does that do a shut down?

nope does nothing with any normal button presses.. have to to do a long press on power to shutdown then restart

• Have you also tried updating video card drivers and bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It wouldn't be unusual for it to be an app that doesn't handle sleep well. Try doing a clean boot or booting to safe mode then see if it reappears in those modes. If it does it's not as likely to be an app, but if it doesn't then we'll want to try allowing apps back in one at a time until it next breaks.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PPNSteve
    billsey said:
    It wouldn't be unusual for it to be an app that doesn't handle sleep well. Try doing a clean boot or booting to safe mode then see if it reappears in those modes. If it does it's not as likely to be an app, but if it doesn't then we'll want to try allowing apps back in one at a time until it next breaks.

PPNSteve said:
    nope does nothing with any normal button presses.. have to to do a long press on power to shutdown then restart

hmm, not many apps are usually running at most browser, email, photoshop and/or premiere and discord chat (usually minimized to task bar) none of which have caused this issue in the past.

it happens on occasion with just the browser running (minimized) too.. and then not all the time.. so its random / intermittent.
  • ThomasG
    ThomasG Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited December 2019
    I have exactly the same problem. When the laptop goes to sleep it wont come back. Reset is the only way to wake it up.
    I didn't have this problem before. So maybe the latest windows update introduced this behavior. I am not sure.

Edited the thread to hide personal information
    Acer-Samuel
  • iggy800
    iggy800 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Has this issue been resolved?  I have not seen a definitive resolution anywhere.
  • @iggy800 The user did not report. It would be interesting for you to create a new topic.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PPNSteve
    we are still experiencing this issue.. it has gotten a bit better with a couple Win10 updates but I still think its systematic..

A work-around is to just close the laptop (suspend).. seems to always come back that way.
  • There are some bios updates for the video card of this model:

What is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• PPNSteve
    I went thru the unit and updated everything a few months ago, including bios, drivers, and the like
  • Ok! But, What is the version of the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• The_Duk3_
    The_Duk3_ Member Posts: 17 Troubleshooter
    I'm having the same problem for the last few months and I've tried everything with no luck whatsoever. My issues started once windows updated to the latest version. I'm convinced it's a driver issue, but no one has resolved this issue as yet. PLEASE ACER TEAMS, PLEASE HELP ALL OF US TO FIND A SOLUTION FOR THIS? 
  • Naveen101
    Naveen101 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    edited June 2020
    I have the same issue people. This need a solution. Acer aspire e6-576g-57w4. BIOS version v1.49.

• Naveen101
    Naveen101 Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    edited June 2020

There are some bios updates for the video card of this model:

What is the version of the bios?
    I want to install this but i cant. Because i have already installed BIOS version 1.49v and it says that i cant install this version