Acer Nitro 5 has a Black Screen after I opened it up to clean the fans

JohnRivera
JohnRivera Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I really need help in fixing my sister's Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-52).

Okay basically I opened up her laptop to clean the fans inside. The last time it has been opened was when we bought it at the pc shop, so it's been a full year or so since it's been opened up. I did my usual cleanup and only removed the fans to clean them. I have done this multiple times on my own Nitro 5.(difference is mine is the I5-7300HQ) and haven't had any problems with mine after each cleaning, so I assumed everything would be back to normal once I finished. However after putting everything back together and powered on the laptop, only the backlight of the keyboards lit up and the power indicator, but the screen remained permanently black.

I have done everything I can think of to fix this. I have tried the battery reset pinhole, removing the SSD, HDD and both RAM sticks, unplugging then plugging back the video cable, removing the battery and reinserting it, but none of them have worked. The laptop only powers on with a backlit keyboard and a black screw. I tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor and even our TV, but nothing would be displayed. It won't even display the BIOS at all after removing the Ssd and Hdd, so I'm guessing it's not na LCD or screen problem. I'm also not sure if it's actually booting up as I can't hear any thing after powering it on. It does give off a beep however when I plug in the AC charger and unplug it. 

What is also odd however is that I noticed the cores and the GPU heats up significantly (or whatevers under the heat sink) a few minutes after I leave it on.

Is this a motherboard problem? Or is this some minor hardware problem (E.g. Loose wires/cables) that I may have overlooked?

I really appreciate anytime given to help solve my problem. My sisters using my laptop in the mean time while I'm trying to fix hers, but she really needs it for her work. :(

Answers

• GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder
    Hi everyone. I'm new here, and I really need help in fixing my sister's Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-52).

Okay basically I opened up her laptop to clean the fans inside. The last time it has been opened was when we bought it at the pc shop, so it's been a full year or so since it's been opened up. I did my usual cleanup and only removed the fans to clean them. I have done this multiple times on my own Nitro 5.(difference is mine is the I5-7300HQ) and haven't had any problems with mine after each cleaning, so I assumed everything would be back to normal once I finished. However after putting everything back together and powered on the laptop, only the backlight of the keyboards lit up and the power indicator, but the screen remained permanently black.

I have done everything I can think of to fix this. I have tried the battery reset pinhole, removing the SSD, HDD and both RAM sticks, unplugging then plugging back the video cable, removing the battery and reinserting it, but none of them have worked. The laptop only powers on with a backlit keyboard and a black screw. I tried connecting the laptop to an external monitor and even our TV, but nothing would be displayed. It won't even display the BIOS at all after removing the Ssd and Hdd, so I'm guessing it's not na LCD or screen problem. I'm also not sure if it's actually booting up as I can't hear any thing after powering it on. It does give off a beep however when I plug in the AC charger and unplug it. 

What is also odd however is that I noticed the cores and the GPU heats up significantly (or whatevers under the heat sink) a few minutes after I leave it on.

Is this a motherboard problem? Or is this some minor hardware problem (E.g. Loose wires/cables) that I may have overlooked?

I really appreciate anytime given to help solve my problem. My sisters using my laptop in the mean time while I'm trying to fix hers, but she really needs it for her work. :(
    Something loose.try to take out ram chips and put again perfectly.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • JohnRivera
    JohnRivera Member Posts: 2 New User

I did. 2 times and yet nothings happened 
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,297 Pathfinder

I did. 2 times and yet nothings happened 
    Recheck may be fans(hsf) not ***** properly 
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • tunnel_vision714
    tunnel_vision714 Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

Maybe screen got disconnected somehow
  • Junniejun
    Junniejun Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem on my AN515-52 after cleaning the fans. Did you fix it already? If yes please tell me how :((
  • XxmatrixX
    XxmatrixX Member Posts: 64 Devotee WiFi Icon

Hello there,
    Try connecting your laptop to a TV using an HDMI cable and check the output and update here!
  • Azhrei
    Azhrei Member Posts: 4 New User
    ^ Good god XxmatrixX... I know this is 2 years old but ***** man, did you even READ his post?