Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51-578S too loud cooling system

fpgsila
fpgsila Member Posts: 5 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Here's the problem: with the turboboost turned off, downvoltting at -150 mV and standing on a cooling pad, the processor and video card are heated to 50 - 60 degrees (during the game),  but there is still a PCH that is not cooled by the cooling system. As soon as the temperature PCH reaches 65 degrees, the coolers begin to rotate at a speed of 5000 rpm, which is very loud in the evening, when everyone went to bed. Since there is no cooling system on the PCH, there is no sense in such high speeds of the cooler.  Wherein when PCH temperature reaches 63 degrees, NitroSense does not allow to reduce the cooler rotation speed, but only increase it. How can I forcibly lower the speed of coolers? 

Answers

• I did a search and your laptop came with endless installed. Does the same problem occur when updating drivers on the intel and nvidia websites? What is the version of the bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fpgsila
    edited March 2020
    your laptop came with endless installed.
    What does it mean? I installed the operating system licensed windows 10 pro.

Intel driver installed from the disk that was in the laptop. But I doubt that reinstalling the driver may affect the cooler trigger. The latest driver for the video card is installed from the official website of Nvidia.

I don’t know the BIOS version, and in any case, I'm afraid to update it.
  • Does this "problem" occur only when connecting the power adapter? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • fpgsila
    No, the problem also arises when working on battery power, if the load on the PCH is sufficient so that it warms up to 62-63 degrees and above.
  • What is your video card? What happens when you update the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• VOFCHARA
    VOFCHARA Member Posts: 2 New User
    Oh, come on. Stop to ask stupid clarifications questions. It is standard problem for Nitro 5 (and others gaming notebooks). PCH is overheated and bios starts coolers on very loud level until air near pch become cold. That is it. VEY BAD PCH cooling, there is no radiator at all etc. So need to put it there himself (but may lost warranty). Why they do it in this way? It is the only obvious problem with this notebook.