Screen fades to black when booting

Helsinkie
Helsinkie Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
As the title says, also can't use automatic repair, it all fades to black after the spinning dots, tried disabling safe boot and trier using a recovery drive. Model is AN515-52

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Your screen is working because you get the white dots. Will it boot to the BIOS menu, restart and repeatedly tap F2 on startup

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Helsinkie
    andylb said:
    Your screen is working because you get the white dots. Will it boot to the BIOS menu, restart and repeatedly tap F2 on startup
    Yes it boots to BIOS, I already tried different options. The problem is that the screen stays on after the spinning circles, but nothing is displayed
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,079 Pathfinder
    Helsinkie said:
    andylb said:
    Yes it boots to BIOS, I already tried different options. The problem is that the screen stays on after the spinning circles, but nothing is displayed
    Go to safe 
    -turn on you laptop and keep pressing F8 till you reach in advance startup then go select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. Once restarted, you'll see a list of options. Select F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode

In safe mode go to start and search cmd and open as administrator then you have to type two commands one by one 

First command - DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Second command -  
    sfc /scannow

Restart you pc when both commands complete.
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566
  • Helsinkie
    Helsinkie said:
    andylb said:
    Go to safe 
    -turn on you laptop and keep pressing F8 till you reach in advance startup then go select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings > Restart. Once restarted, you'll see a list of options. Select F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode

In safe mode go to start and search cmd and open as administrator then you have to type two commands one by one 

Second command -  sfc /scannow

I can't boot via F8, it just shows spinning dots.
  • GAMING6698
    GAMING6698 ACE Posts: 6,079 Pathfinder
    Helsinkie said:
    Helsinkie said:
    andylb said:
    Go to safe 

Second command -  sfc /scannow

I can't boot via F8, it just shows spinning dots.
    Did you backup your recovery drive or window in USB?
    windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming 
    Windows 10/11 optimization guide for gaming — Acer Community

My AN515-43 laptop UserBenchmark-
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/51514566