Is it possible to upgrade my display from HD to FHD (Acer Aspire 5, A514-52G-518K)?

nikodennyqkx
nikodennyqkx Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I would like to upgrade my laptop display from HD (1366x768) to FHD (1920x1080), I found out that my current HD display is Chi Mei CMN14D6 (N140BGA-EA4) (1366x768) with 30 pin video connector. Can I buy a replacement screen with FHD (with 30 pin video connector) for Acer Aspire 5 A514-52G series and upgrade my current display? Will it be compatible with it? Thanks.  

Best Answer

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Yes, you can upgrade to a FHD panel, these panels are compatible with your model:
    B140HAN04.0
    NV140FHM-N48
    LP140WFA-SPD1
    I have compared two panels with the current panel in your laptop:http://www.panelook.com/modelcompare.php?ids=30955,36224,31703
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    Piter said:
    Resolution upgrades are possible, and many laptop users have successfully upgraded their screens to a higher resolution. Upgrading or downgrading your laptop's resolution is done at your own risk. There are several obstacles that may need to be resolved before your lower resolution laptop can take a higher resolution display.

1. Video Cable
    2. Whitelist
    3. Cooling

Currently there is no possible way to upgrade from screen that uses CCFL backlight to LED. LED and CCFL laptop screens are not interchangeable since they use different connectors, as well as power sources. Laptop's motherboard will have to be replaced in order to upgrade the laptop from CCFL backlight type to the LED backlight type.

Thanks for your input but the screens that my colleague suggested above are from the Compatible list for his exact model and they WILL work with his model without any problems. This list is from the Tech Service guide available only to Ace Team members

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★