Travelmate p633 crashing when I enable USB controller for webcam

SamK
SamK Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives
I have a  Travelmate P633-M-9653 running windows 7 64-bit. I bought it refurbished and never used the webcam until now. In device Manager there are two USB controllers disabled. If I enable the USB controllers, the camera appears but is unstable resulting in the computer blue-screening within 5 minutes to an hour. I have tried uninstall the 7 series devices and reinstalling them with the same results each time

In Device Manager I have the following under Universal Serial Bus Controllers
(disabled)Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller -1E26          driver version 9.3.0.1011
(disabled)Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller -1E2D           driver version 9.3.0.1011
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller     driver version 1.0.4.220
Intel(R) USB 3.0 Root Hub           driver version 1.0.10.255

Best Answer

• SamK
    Answer ✓
    A friend gave me a clip-on USB webcam that is better than the one attached to the monitor. This was actually my preferred solution but all the stores are out of stock on webcams

Answers

• What happens when you update drivers on the intel website?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamK
    What happens when you update drivers on the intel website?
    I was unable to find later drivers. I uninstalled the drivers and letting Windows install the ones that it found. The webcam is still unstable but I have found a work around. 
  • What was the workaround?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SamK
    Answer ✓
    A friend gave me a clip-on USB webcam that is better than the one attached to the monitor. This was actually my preferred solution but all the stores are out of stock on webcams