Swift 3 RAM upgrade ?

Answers

• linvan
    linvan Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi there.
    Could anybody confirm possibility of memory upgrade for Acer Swift 3 SF314-54G-5201 [NX.GY0ER.005] ?
    And how much of memory can I have ?
    In cpu-z I can see this
    No any information for slot #2.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    The slot supports 4GB and 8GB modules, you need a DDR4 2666 SO-DIMM.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • linvan
    linvan Member Posts: 2 New User
    billsey said:
    It turned out that slot supports 16Gb. Now I have 20 =)

• Crazy_Boy
    Crazy_Boy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2020
    Original:
    merhabalar elimde acer swift 3 sf315-41g modeli var ram yükseltmesi yapmak istiyorum bana yardımcı olabilirmisiniz @acer

Translation:
    hello i have acer swift 3 sf315-41g model i want to upgrade ram can you help me @acer

[Post edited to translate content -Acer-Manny] 

• Crazy_Boy
    Crazy_Boy Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited March 2020
     @Acer-Manny @Acer-Karp please help me
    ram update !!!!!!
  • billsey
    There is no ability to update RAM on the SF315-41G models. Memory is soldered to the motherboard and there is no slot for expansion.
    SF315-41G modellerinde RAM'i güncelleme yeteneği yoktur. Bellek anakarta lehimlenmiştir ve genişletme yuvası yoktur.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Crazy_boy34
    Crazy_boy34 Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Original:
    @billsey Acer sf315-41g R3PW modeli vardır elimde Rami SDRAM ve CPU Z programından SPD kısmına girdiğimde birşey gözükmüyor ama aida64 programında 0sodim 2gb 2400 0sodim 2gb 2400 diyor yani bana yardımcı olabilirmisiniz @acer

Translation:
    @billsey Acer sf315-41g I have R3PW model, I don't see anything when I enter the SPD part from Rami SDRAM and CPU Z program but it says 0sodim 2gb 2400 0sodim 2gb 2400 in aida64 program can you help me @acer

[Post edited to translate the content -Acer-Manny]

• Crazy_boy34

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Original:
    @acer internette bu modelin 16gb kadar desteklediği yazıyor

Translation:
    @acer writes on the internet that this model supports up to 16gb

• Crazy_boy34

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Original:
    Ve nasıl yükseltme yapabilirim

Translation:
    And how can I upgrade

• Crazy_boy34

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Original:
    Keşke bize satın alırken bunu belirseler daha güzel olurdu şimdi aldığıma çok pişmanım lütfen bana yardım edin oyunlarda 4gb ram yetmiyor

Translation:
    I wish it would have been nice if they had determined this when purchasing to us.

• Crazy_boy34

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
  • Crazy_boy34

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    Lütfen bu konuya sf315-41g nin anakartının ram kısmının fotoğrafını atabilirmisin?

Translation:
    Could you please take a picture of the ram part of the motherboard of sf315-41g in this thread?

• Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    edited March 2020
    Lütfen bu konuya sf315-41g nin anakartının ram kısmının fotoğrafını atabilirmisin?

Translation:
    Could you please take a picture of the ram part of the motherboard of sf315-41g in this thread?

Thanks for you question Crazy_boy34,

As our friend billsey mentioned, it is soldered to the motherboard and there is no slot for expansion:

See images:

Translation:
    Sorunuz için teşekkürler Crazy_boy34,
    Arkadaşımız billsey'den bahsedildiği gibi, anakarta lehimlenmiştir ve genişletme için bir yuva yoktur:
    Görsellere bakın:

Acer-Manny
  • idkwhattechis
    idkwhattechis Member Posts: 1 New User
    i have taken apart my swift 3( SF314-41) and found that i have an extra ram slot but i dont know how much ram i can put in that extra slot and i also found that there is a large block of empty space so can someone tell me if i am missing a component, the empty space is next to the fan
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,077 Trailblazer
    i have taken apart my swift 3( SF314-41) and found that i have an extra ram slot but i dont know how much ram i can put in that extra slot and i also found that there is a large block of empty space so can someone tell me if i am missing a component, the empty space is next to the fan
    Hi,
    Please read this thread for memory query:https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/579731/upgrading-ram-on-swift-3-sf314-41-athlon-300u
    The empty space may be the space for the HDD, please start a new thread if you want the part numbers for the cable and bracket etc, so that many people will see your post.
  • sriharid
    sriharid Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited June 2020

linvan said:
    billsey said:
    It turned out that slot supports 16Gb. Now I have 20 =)

I have an SF314-54-554K. cpu-z screenshot:

How do I find out if the slot supports 8GB or 16GB?

• billsey
    There is no official support for 16GB in the slot, though as you can see it sometimes works. The only test is to try it.
  • sriharid
    sriharid Member Posts: 2 New User

billsey said:
    There is no official support for 16GB in the slot, though as you can see it sometimes works. The only test is to try it.

Thanks. I have not opened the laptop to check. Can I install 8GB each in the two slots? I think there was a comment earlier in this thread that only one slot could be upgraded.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billsey
    Yeah, you only have one slot. The other 'slot' is chips soldered to the MB.