Cooling upgrade?

AtlCanadian
AtlCanadian Member Posts: 19

Tinkerer

edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hey guys,

Playing R6 - temp for CPU hits 90C - 92C is there any cooling upgrades I can do to help reduce temp issues?

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

What is the exact model? Example AN515-51-75KZ.
    How do I find this? It is the one with Intel i7 9700K, RTX 2070.

• You can find the model at the Acer Care Center.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

You can find the model at the Acer Care Center.

P03-600 - CPU temp also hits 70-80c while idling or light internet browsing.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited March 2020

Put watercooling on your P03-600, which should fix your 90C - 92C temps. Its allot easier to cool a desktop than a laptop, look up your appropriate Socket 1151 CPU for watercooling and take it from there e.g. coolermaster, corsair, Enermax, Deepcool etc it all  depends on your budget?
  • AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

StevenGen said:

Put watercooling on your P03-600, which should fix your 90C - 92C temps. Its allot easier to cool a desktop than a laptop, look up your appropriate Socket 1151 CPU for watercooling and take it from there e.g. coolermaster, corsair, Enermax, Deepcool etc it all  depends on your budget?

I can use any budget. Will ading watercooling void my warranty though? On a side note, is Corsair good? I have other Corsair products and have been happy with them. the iCue software seems easy to use, as well.
  • The change in the cooling system violates the hardware warranty.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

The change in the cooling system violates the hardware warranty.

OK, so I updated Predator Sense. CPU runs around 80c when gaming - is this acceptable? If so, I'll wait and add water cooling when warranty expires and I upgrade GPU + RAM and PSU.

Let me know your thoughts with this.
  • You said at the beginning of the topic that temperatures were reaching 92ºc

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

You said at the beginning of the topic that temperatures were reaching 92ºc

They were originally. Acer support wasn't much help but Twitter support from Acer had me update Predator Sense, now its hitting 80-85c max gaming.
  • I consider this temperature high. Can you check your desktop model at the acer care center?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

I consider this temperature high. Can you check your desktop model at the acer care center?

Sure. Its P03-600. It is the version with the RTX 2070, i7 9700K for reference.
  • AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

I consider this temperature high. Can you check your desktop model at the acer care center?

Also hitting 68-72c idle / browsing web (only windows open are FireFox and Predator Sense).  I do have a ton of background processes etc running too, which seems strange / high.
  • What is the version bios? Did the temperatures get high after some windows update?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

What is the version bios? Did the temperatures get high after some windows update?

Temps have always been this high - but I didn't know it was a concern until someone I play with told me.

How do I check BIOS version?
  • You can check in the acer care center. Have you tried to repast?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

You can check in the acer care center. Have you tried to repast?

So it says it is the up to date BIOS version, checked in Care Center and then checked again on the Acer page where I can grab the downloads if needed. Here's another theory..

Is the CPU fan on the rear or the left side (if facing front of desktop) ? If so, I have a wall against it (2in clearance, maybe) on the left side and on the rear. This might be preventing proper airflow... it is a lot of work if I need to move it, but would this make much of a difference? CPU is 70c right now browsing Firefox, I have PredatorSense, Battle.NET, iCue, Discord, Nvidia GeForce and Care Center open.

Thank you again for all of your help so far.
  • I suggest you check out this topic: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/d78dzx/acer_predator_orion_3000_p03600_lack_of_cooling/f0y39jv/
    I will also call on some users to check out this topic: @xapim and @JackE.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited March 2020
    AtlCanadian you can try to undervolt it and see how it goes but you probably need to repaste it with kryonaut or similar also if youre overclocking you cpu consider watercooling as it was already mentioned normal cooling fans wont work the cpu fan its on the cpu socket itself you can try to add more case fans but as i said if youre overclocking it will be useless and overclockable cpu would need watercooling to lower the temps down  (especially the intel cpus) i suggest that you take a look at custom builds and prob corsair watercooling solutions

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• AtlCanadian

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    AtlCanadian you can try to undervolt it and see how it goes but you probably need to repaste it with kryonaut or similar also if youre overclocking you cpu consider watercooling as it was already mentioned normal cooling fans wont work the cpu fan its on the cpu socket itself you can try to add more case fans but as i said if youre overclocking it will be useless and overclockable cpu would need watercooling to lower the temps down  (especially the intel cpus) i suggest that you take a look at custom builds and prob corsair watercooling solutions

Thank you for this. Re-paste would void warranty, right? Would adding case fans void warranty as well?

I'm trying to find a solution that doesn't void warranty. GPU temp is max 60c when gaming, which is perfect - just need to find a way to keep CPU down.

My desktop is also in a corner, when facing it - left side and back side is against wall (1in-2in max clearance) would this choke the air flow from CPU cooler / vent?