Power/ lamp projector problems( Acer H6510BD

AllieB
AllieB Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2023 in 2020 Archives
I’ve got a Acer H6510BD+ (owned for about a year - not heavy use, just a couple of movies a week).

I tried to turn on the projector today. Blue power light started to flash and fan started. But the lamp tries to start up then flickers out. This happens three times, then the red lamp light turns on, the fan goes off and everything stops.

Have tried switching off at mains/ disconnecting hdmi cable etc.

Is this just a case of the lamp needing replaced or is there something else I should try? Pretty disappointed as I’ve only had the thing a year - as I said, not used heavily and I thought lamps had up to 2000 hrs in them.

Any advice much appreciated!

Allie

Answers

• This user appears to have a similar problem: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/661247
    You can ask colleague @laurent_14 if the problem has been solved, because the topic is unsolved!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Eric_N
    Eric_N Member Posts: 6 New User
    Hi I have the same projector and very often I have to try many times until it switches the lamp on, if it doesnt i get the blinking "lamp" error.
  • Eric_N
    Eric_N Member Posts: 6 New User
    These lamps are supposed to last at least 4000hours, my work colleague ran 16,000 on one lamp. I dont think the hours/usage is the problem here.
  • Mariaklum
    Mariaklum Member Posts: 2 New User
    AllieB said:
    I’ve got a Acer H6510BD+ (owned for about a year - not heavy use, just a couple of movies a week).

I tried to turn on the projector today. Blue power light started to flash and fan started. But the lamp tries to start up then flickers out. This happens three times, then the red lamp light turns on, the fan goes off and everything stops.

Have tried switching off at mains/ disconnecting hdmi cable etc.

Is this just a case of the lamp needing replaced or is there something else I should try? Pretty disappointed as I’ve only had the thing a year - as I said, not used heavily and I thought lamps had up to 2000 hrs in them.

Any advice much appreciated!

Allie
    @AllieB I have the same problem right now! I opened the projektor and looked at my lamp if it was broken but it looks fine. Did you figure out if it was the lamp that you needed to fix or was it something else? (I also have had this projector same as you in 1 year! ) :/ seams to be a standard problem 
  • jpfaraco
    jpfaraco Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. I have a H6510BD since 2013, never had any issues nor had to change the lamp. I never saw the lamp replacement message and one day I turned it on and the issue came up - I turn it on, blue power LED flashes repeatedly as the projector seems to try to turn on the lamp about 3 times, until ultimately the blue power LED and the red lamp LED stay on. The manual says this means "Error (lamp breakdown)". 

I got a new lamp, installed it and got the same response.

I opened the projector up to check for dust and there was surprisingly not much dust to clean out. Still getting no response from the lamp.

Weird thing is that the first time I got this issue, I turned the projector off and on again and everything worked fine until I turned it off. But then the following time I turned it on the issue happened again and I haven't seen it light up the lamp since.