Extended warranty?

Teunis
Teunis Member Posts: 1 New User
edited February 27 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

A few years ago we bought some acer projectors (X1261 and X1260 version) that all started failing with the same problem. All in all, we lost about 8-10 projectors in a few months, all with the typical white dots/snow on the screen. After looking around for it it looks like faulty DMD chips on all the devices. They just older than 2 years when the problems started happening, so I thought they where out of warranty.

After reading about these problems a little more, it seems like it was a known hardware failure.
I just found this forum and I still have the serial numbers for some of the devices, and kept 3 of them to see if I would be able to fix them later on.

Was hoping, as a regular customer of acer products, both private (I have 2 fullHD projectors in my home) and for business use (5 schools, with 10+ projectors per site), to recover (although, much to late I guess) some of the losses. Is there any solution to this problem?

Answers

• Rudy21
    Rudy21 ACE Posts: 1,789 Pathfinder
    @Teunis

Hi, I think if its an issue with DMD chip few regions would have 5 years of warranty. You my contact your local acer support for more details.. 
    Click on 'Yes' to accept my comment as answer