How can I fully remove Acer Proshield?

Fishfingers
Fishfingers Member Posts: 2 New User

I have identified that embassyservice.service was the cause of my usb ports being basically non responsive and have disabled Wxuserservice from within start up (msconfig Win7).  This has freed up my usb ports so that they now work properly.

On contacting Acer support in relation to this problem I was told that this service has nothing to do with any Acer products and that it's a windows issue.

Strange because the command it relates to is  C:\Program files\Acer Proshield\Embassy client Core\WxUserService.exe.

So naturally I'd like to uninstall Acer proshield as I've never used it.  Uninstalling from the control panel fails because the appropriate ProShield.msi can't be found, and windows then constantly tries to repair the installation on start up.  Just a nuisance.  So then I go to the Acer erecovery app and create the recovery applications disk thinking that will enable me to reinstall, then uninstall the ProSheild app.  No luck, possibly because the recovery disk version is now different tot the Acer updated version of ProShield.  

Same error from windows.

"The file ProShield.msi is not a valid installation package for the product installed.  Try to find the installtion package 'ProShield.msi' in a folder from which you can install ProShield"  "Error 1706.  No valid source could be found for proshield"

Acer tech support tell me that Acer ProShield cannot be uninstalled as it's aprt of the motherboard hardware.

Msconfig set with all start up items and non windows services disables still starts with the ProShield icon in hidden icons in taskbar.  Safe mode stops the ProShield icon from showing.  

Does anybody know what services to disable to properly stop Acer proshield from loading?

Clicking on ProShield gives me the error "Program operation error.  Please restart the computer and try again.  If the problem still exists, please close all running programs and reinstall Proshield".  It won't install and it won't uninstall, and I'm stuck with windows trying to install Acer proshield on start up, unless I disable Windows Installer from services tab in msconfig.

How do I properly remove Acer Proshield????

Answers

• tripehound
    tripehound Member Posts: 3 New User
    I have the same problem with ProShield removal does no one know how to uninstall it?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    @tripehound are you also running Windows 7? On what machine?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tripehound
    I am running Windows 10 and ProShield problem is driving me mad
  • billsey
    Try removing it manually with the command:
    "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{A4027746-3E80-4C1A-897F-58BC48EFE569}\setup.exe" -runfromtemp -l0x040a -removeonly
    That likely needs to be run from an elevated command prompt...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tripehound
    I took your advice which lead me to download Advanced Uninstaller PRO which seemed to work until I looked at the diagnostics when the uninstall was "complete" and 1 file was left and 2 registry entries remained. I will persevere further, thanks for now 
  • Pajasko
    Pajasko Member Posts: 2 New User
    How do I download  Acer proshield
  • billsey
    I believe Proshield is available through the Microsoft Store.