Acer care center service is still initializing, I tried resetting and updating nothing is working.

Danish54ali
Danish54ali Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited November 2022 in Acer Software
When i am trying to open acer care it is showing this message.
acer care center service is still initializing!!

i have tried reseting and fixing and updating the app from app store nothing is working.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• What is your computer model? Example AN515-51-58VH. What version of Acer Care Center?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Danish54ali
    Danish54ali Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Thanks for asking buddy... already got it fixed just had to remove care center provided by acer website and install from App Store.
  • MOTOHEAD
    MOTOHEAD Member Posts: 6 New User
    Which App Store did you get the Care Center app from and where do I find it?
  • SuperMario
    SuperMario Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Windows Store Fam.
  • AlexChan
    AlexChan Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem of Acer Care Center keep initializing. Please help. 

• @AlexChanIdeally, you should create a new topic. Add me by putting an @.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Uninstall the acer care center. Then go to the microsoft store and install Care Center S.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CloakNightshade
    CloakNightshade Member Posts: 29 Troubleshooter
    Thank you egydiocoelho, this has worked for me.
  • you are welcome @CloakNightshade

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CloakNightshade
    Hi again @ egydiocoelho, you've helped me once, maybe can again. I've seemed to notice my D drive has disappeared, from being detected, it was there previously until updating, (firmware) I believe and now I cannot seem to find it, any assistance?
  • As they are different subjects, open a new topic and add me by placing an @.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• CloakNightshade
    I did @ egydiocoelho
  • SkeppyPeanut
    SkeppyPeanut Member Posts: 1 New User
    Uninstall the acer care center. Then go to the microsoft store and install Care Center S.
    I tried the same process. but it's still the same. still saying initializing
  • Have you checked if the acer care center service is enabled in msconfig?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• User151
    User151 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I hate to break this to everyone but Acer Care Center app from Acer downloads is much more feature rich.  It got System Update Checker, Battery Life and even check my SSD health as well.  But it always got replaced/crashed by Microsoft Store Care Center S app.  I think it has something with Software IDs and version numbering.  Microsoft and OEMs need to work together to get it right.  I see the same problem with AMD Radeon drivers as well.  Microsoft always update Radeon updated drivers with their outdated ones because theirs has a higher version number (I don't know how it's version number is higher and why it keeps updating/crashing the Radeon drivers and software.  I disabled Windows automatic driver updates but it still does it.)
  • @User151 Have you tried to disable the driver update here?
    Customizing device installation settings  iTecTec

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Batmaci
    Batmaci Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    edited December 2020
    windows store version doesn't have battery charge limit option like below

https://us.v-cdn.net/6029997/uploads/EHHS734PRHX4/image.png

Store version

Ok  i have just resintalled Acer website version and it seems that they removed this feature also from this version. why was that removed? how to optimize battery life?
  • ConsoleHWls
    ConsoleHWls Member Posts: 1 New User
    User151 said:
    @egydiocoelho.  Thanks I will try and see.  And I was wrong with my conclusion as well.  It was Acer's fault.  Their care center app relies on another service/app called AppStd.exe (Full path ==> C:\Program Files (x86)\Acer\Care Center\ACCStd.exe).  Once it's started, no more error occurs.  That app requires admin privileges so cannot be started at startup unless we do it as per instructions from here.
    Thank you for your comment. I was really able to start Acer Care Center manually after trying some method to give solution to this error
  • chrisng90
    chrisng90 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited November 2021
    I found a way to open the Acer Care Center Service while it keep on tells you still initializing. App store Acer Care Center won't have battery limiter, you need to download from Drivers and Manuals and get the original software for your laptop

1. Open Task Manager.
    2. Click "File" then Run New Task
    3. Browse and search in Program Files (x86) >> Acer >> Care Center
    4.Click "ACCStd" and your Acer Care Center Service will open