My Acer TravelMate P249 doesn't turn on

Venkatesh_Puranik
Venkatesh_Puranik Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 2020 in TravelMate and Extensa

My Acer Laptop (Model : TravelMate P249-G2-M) does not turn on when I click power on button. The blue light will start blinking in power Indicator side and continues to blink for a very long time. At every blink display the display will turn on for miliseconds and goes blank. Sometimes screen will turn on after some minutes and sometimes won’t. I have attached URL of a video showing the same problem at the end of this post. The product is out of warranty. Therefore many authorised repairers of Acer in my area turndown my request to repair.

Then I went to a local guy. He did some servicing, charged me 700 Rs. and laptop became normal for 20-25 days. Then again I encountered the same problem.

Again I went to the local guy. He said there is something wrong with keyboard panel and entire keyboard has to be replaced by a new one which costs around 2,500 Rs. And as temparory solution, he asked me to blow some hot air on laptop keyboard from a long distance.

What I observed is when the laptop was in cold (My Laptop becomes cold if I turn it off for 1 day Room Temparature here is 25-30 Celsius) it wont turn on. Since then I didn’t shut down my laptop. I just put it in Sleep Mode.

Please help me with this matter. I don’t think replacing keyboard would solve the problem.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkatesh

Video Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v0OhM-SNT4_C2wlvyhBq6okSQ9WPdaFF/view?usp=sharing

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Shut machine off by pressing and holding the power button. Remove charger. Then gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Venkatesh_Puranik

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Shut machine off by pressing and holding the power button. Remove charger. Then gently insert a paperclip into the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the laptop for about 30 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ
    Thanks for the answer.
    Sorry for replying you so late..
    Your steps worked for the first time.
    My laptop become normal.
    Recently i didn't use the laptop for 3 days and it was turned off.
    Now i am facing the same problem again.
    I tried resetting the battery.
    But those steps didn't show any results.
    It would be great if you could help me.
    Thank You.
  • JackE
    Press and hold power button for 5-10 seconds.

Wait a few minutes.

Then press the power again to try to turn the machine on.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Venkatesh_Puranik

Tinkerer

JackE said:

Wait a few minutes.

Jack E/NJ
    I pressed power button once and left the laptop.
    The screen got turned on automatically around 5 hours after.
    Now I'm scared to turn it off.
    Give me suggestions please.
  • JackE
    The laptop was probably in sleep or hibernate mode. Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in the left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Then shut down normally whenever you're ready. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Venkatesh_Puranik

Tinkerer

edited March 2020
    I did what you suggested.
    Sadly, laptop is not turning on.
    I have recorded a video and link is here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eArZXrGF89_wpbNO-tefVbN0NbTiyOkw/view?usp=drivesdk

At each blink of light, screen on for milliseconds which can't be captured by mobile camera.
    Thanks for your help. :)
  • JackE
    Check the bottom of the machine for a battery reset pinhole. If it exists, remove the charger and gently press a paperclip into the  pinhole for 10 seconds. Then plug the charger back in. Try to turn the machine on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Venkatesh_Puranik

Tinkerer

Sorry.
    It didn't work..
    Any other suggestions please.
  • JackE
    Remove the charger again. Press and hold the paperclip into the reset pinhole again. Then while still pressing & holding the paperclip in the pinhole, press and hold the power button for one minute. Then plug the charger back in but wait for the battery LED to turn blue. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Venkatesh_Puranik

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Remove the charger again. Press and hold the paperclip into the reset pinhole again. Then while still pressing & holding the paperclip in the pinhole, press and hold the power button for one minute. Then plug the charger back in but wait for the battery LED to turn blue. Then try to turn it back on again. Jack E/NJ

Now my laptop is working fine.
    The solution I found out is to reinsert the RAM. 
    Thank You.
  • JackE
    Congratulations on your success! Thank you for reporting back. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• unclejoe
    unclejoe Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:

Wait a few minutes.

Jack E/NJ
    i have the same issue for may acer travelmate p241 and i already try your suggestion but still not working

• JackE
    This thread is over a year old. I suggest you start your own new thread by clicking on the ask a question button for better attention from all forum users.

Jack E/NJ