My acer nitro 5 AN515 - 43's gpu is not showing anywhere else. Plz help

Rahuljais041
Rahuljais041 Member Posts: 35 Troubleshooter
I got my laptop on 2nd oct 2019, and on 12 fab. My gpu rx560x stopped working it is not showing anywhere else. I checked in device manager, taskmanager and in latest driver too but its not showing me anywhere and now its working on radeon vega 8 so please help me to recover my rx560x gpu back. Please help 

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited February 2020
    Follow my walkthrough below

First Boot into Safe Mode and download and run DDU https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html for a clean uninstall of your current AMD Center and Drivers then boot back into Normal Mode

The new AMD Adrenalin 2020 Control Center is designed to give support for your hardware and contains Mobile Driver support for this exact model, the Graphics Drivers on the Acer site are only base drivers. Click the link below to download the 2020 Control Center and the latest drivers for the RX560x will be automatically installed
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-2-1

Most of the problems I have encountered answering questions similar to yours are that users do not have the GPU set up correctly in the Control Center and are gaming on their Dedicated Vega 8 GPU which gives poor performance and is not designed for gaming. I have your exact model and my gaming experience using the AMD 2020 Control Center is good, Follow these instructions

First make sure you game with your battery charged to 100% BEFORE gaming and KEEP plugged into the main AC power while gaming. Make sure "High Performance when on AC", is selected in your Windows Power Plan and in Nitrosense. If you fail to do this your CPU will run at around 50% of capacity and you will experience poor game performance

Open the New AMD 2020 Control Center and click the GAMING tab then click the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select ADD A GAME, navigate to your games .exe file and double click it to add it, or you can select SCAN FOR GAMES and let the Control Center search your harddrive for games to add. After successfully adding the game click on the game and you will be taken to another window and click the LAUNCH GAME tab.
    Only in this way will your games use the Discrete Rx560x GPU, NEVER launch your game through a desktop shortcut or any other way, do it in the manner I have described.

Please remember that online gaming may experience low fps and stutter due to the games servers and bottlenecking and that has nothing to do with your GPU.

PLEASE CLICK YES IF I HAVE ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION, THANKYOU

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Rahuljais041
    Not working
  • andylb
    Did the AMD 2020 Control Center install?

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited February 2020
    Just as an addition to what "andylb" has posted, make sure that you uninstall the pervious AMD graphics drivers on your system by going to Control Panel > Uninstall a program and search for the AMD graphic drivers that are installed on your system, then, make sure that you clean up all the junk files from your system by going to > This PC > right click your boot drive (usually C) > Disk Cleanup (delete all junk files) then do the same to "Clean up system file". 
    After all that, reboot and install the latest "Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.1" (2/3/2020 - 482 MB) from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-500-series/radeon-rx-500x-series/radeon-rx-560x 

Note: AMD software and drivers are designed to work best for up-to-date operating systems. Please be sure to update your operating system before installing drivers.

• If none of the tips work, try resetting the battery. Also check if this problem was caused by any recent windows update.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rahuljais041
    Nothing is working 😭

• So I suggest you try to update the bios.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Rahuljais041
    andylb said:
    Did the AMD 2020 Control Center install?
    How to install the control centre i did the process that u have given
  • Rahuljais041
    So I suggest you try to update the bios.
    Please tell me the process to update the bios
  • b) uninstall the antivirus, if one is installed and disable windows defender;
    c) disable wireless and disconnect any devices that are connected to the USB port;
    d) charge the battery to 100% and leave the notebook connected to the power adapter;
    e) then, run the bios file and do not touch anything and do not turn off the notebook.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rahuljais041
    b) uninstall the antivirus, if one is installed and disable windows defender;
    c) disable wireless and disconnect any devices that are connected to the USB port;
    d) charge the battery to 100% and leave the notebook connected to the power adapter;
    e) then, run the bios file and do not touch anything and do not turn off the notebook.

i did it but it didnt worked

• Didn't the bios update work? Or did updating the bios not solve the problem with the video card?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rahuljais041
    Didn't the bios update work? Or did updating the bios not solve the problem with the video card?
    I did the update of bios but still by rx560x not showing only vega 8 is showing 
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    Didn't the bios update work? Or did updating the bios not solve the problem with the video card?
    I did the update of bios but still by rx560x not showing only vega 8 is showing 

Ok do a clean windows 10 install by Restarting and pressing Alt + f10 at the Acer logo and select keep my files
    Then install the AMD 2020 Control Center from here 
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-20-2-1

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Before following the tip from colleague andylb, make sure the device appears as a hidden device.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Rahuljais041
    Before following the tip from colleague andylb, make sure the device appears as a hidden device.
    How to make it as a hidden device
  • andylb
    edited February 2020
    Go to Device Manager, click View then Show Hidden Devices and see if it  is now listed by expanding Display Adapters and you still haven't told us if the AMD 2020 Control Center installed, this is important so please let us know

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Rahuljais041
    andylb said:
    Go to Device Manager, click View then Show Hidden Devices and see if it  is now listed by expanding Display Adapters and you still haven't told us if the AMD 2020 Control Center installed, this is important so please let us know

I tried to instal control centre but i am not able to find it
  • Rahuljais041
    in view its showing me like this
  • Rahuljais041

sorry its not showing