Failed to boot BIOS. Flashing BIOS in usb - Travelmate P645-M

qdeb
qdeb Member Posts: 14

Tinkerer

edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hello. I have an acer travelmate p645-m.
i use linux mint. yesterday i changing may BIOS setting from UEFI to Legacy multiple times. when i turn it on suddenly cant pass bios and cannot access it as well.
clicking f2 has no effect. and stuck at acer logo. i've been reading that there is a way to access CRISIS mode, fn+esc. but i cannot access it too.
I already download BIOS file, also extract it. there is .fd file there i just copy it to usb. but still cant to boot to crisis mode.
help is very appreciated. (so sorry for bad english)

Best Answer

• qdeb

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thank you for support guys! I go to service center but not Acer official, and they can fix it, the problem is in the ic bios.

Answers

• If the Acer logo is showing, I believe that at least the post functions of the bios are not corrupted. What happens when you just disconnect and reconnect the rtc (cmos) battery?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning qdeb !

Acer does not provide flash files in Bios.
    It is not allowed to share any type of access method to Bios.
    In this case, it is recommended that you contact Acer in your region directly.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• qdeb

Tinkerer

If the Acer logo is showing, I believe that at least the post functions of the bios are not corrupted. What happens when you just disconnect and reconnect the rtc (cmos) battery?
    cmos battery is soldered, but there is CMOS reset button. i already try to push the button, and wait for 5 sec. still cant boot to bios

• Try resetting the battery:
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • qdeb

Tinkerer

Try resetting the battery:
    yes, it is the first thing i do.
    still stuck at logo screen. i also tried to re plug in battery socket in motherboard.
  • When you remove the hard drive, can you access the bios?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• qdeb

Tinkerer

When you remove the hard drive, can you access the bios?
    Thank you so much for your reply!
    I am using ssd m2 slot, when i remove it, then turn it on still same stuck at logo screen.
    i can turn off the display by pressing fn+ f6 though
  • Try disconnecting the rtc battery (cmos) to reset the bios parameters.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• qdeb

Tinkerer

Try disconnecting the rtc battery (cmos) to reset the bios parameters.

Unfortunately, CMOS battery is soldered to motherboard :'(
  • Try disconnecting the lithium battery and pressing the power button for thirty seconds

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• qdeb

Tinkerer

Try disconnecting the lithium battery and pressing the power button for thirty seconds
    Still same, power on stuck at logo screen.
     is there a chance for hardware failure or is it just bios fail?
  • Try disconnecting the rams memories and see if it solves the problem.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• qdeb

Tinkerer

Try disconnecting the rams memories and see if it solves the problem.
    Ram is onboard, there is additional ram socket, but I didn't use it
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    There is a chance it is a hardware failure, but POST is progressing without errors since you get to the splash screen without an error display or beep code. It is much more likely a boot issue with UEFI at the last stage before launching an OS or at the first moments of the OS launch. I wonder if the problem might be an issue with the keyboard, could you hook up a USB keyboard and see if you can get to the BIOS screen with it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Most of the time, all you have to do is disconnect or remove your HDD/SDD and you should be able to regain access to the BIOS.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • JordanB
    Try removing your HDD/SSD and then insert your Mint USB in to the USB port.  Then turn on computer. 
  • qdeb

Tinkerer

JordanB said:
    Most of the time, all you have to do is disconnect or remove your HDD/SDD and you should be able to regain access to the BIOS.
    Well I did remove ssd then turn it on, but stuck at logo screen.
    I will try to install mint in USB, like this
    Try removing your HDD/SSD and then insert your Mint USB in to the USB port.  Then turn on computer. 
  • qdeb

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    There is a chance it is a hardware failure, but POST is progressing without errors since you get to the splash screen without an error display or beep code. It is much more likely a boot issue with UEFI at the last stage before launching an OS or at the first moments of the OS launch. I wonder if the problem might be an issue with the keyboard, could you hook up a USB keyboard and see if you can get to the BIOS screen with it?
    Is it possible uefi get deleted?
    I go to Acer service center, they said it might be hardware issue, they say it is easier just change motherboard, or go other repair shop to forcely remove cmos battery then change it. Well I am not so sure about it
  • JordanB
    qdeb said:
    JordanB said:
    Well I did remove ssd then turn it on, but stuck at logo screen.
    I will try to install mint in USB, like this
    Ok. If that doesn’t work, then there’s a somewhat strange solution that I remember from a few years ago in link below.  It involves holding the power button for two minutes.  Yes, strange...I know.  I doubt it will work, but you never know.  

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    qdeb said:
    Is it possible uefi get deleted?
    It is always possible, but the normal symptom with the UEFI partition missing or corrupted is "there is no boot device".
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.