PH315-52-77ya - Acer Helios 300 (2019 model) Shuts down when charging wire disconnects

yashb__07
yashb__07 Member Posts: 8 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
It's only been a month since i bought this expensive laptop only to face such issues. The laptop completely shuts down after the charging plug is removed even if the battery  is at 95%. I really need a fix for this, please help

Answers

• Can you provide the exact model? Example Predator PH315-52-58VH.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • yashb__07
    My model is PH315-52-77ya
  • Try uninstalling these drivers and make sure the button next to ram is being pressed:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • SpideRMaN
    SpideRMaN Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

That button does not exist in 2019 model (ph315-52) 
  • Ok! Check here:
    RTC Reset Keep Pressing Power Button 10seconds to reset RTC.
    EC Reset Keep Pressing Power Button 12seconds to reset EC.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• yashb__07
    Do I perform this rtc and ec reset while ac charging is on?
  • The notebook must be completely turned off.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• yashb__07
    It didn't work
  • yashb__07
    How do I remove the back and access the switch below ram slots
  • 2root2
    2root2 Member Posts: 31 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    1)check if the battery is working in device manager, check for any hardware changes.
    2)if you have opened up the back panel , check if the battery cable is properly attached , dont break any warranty seals.
    3)check if BIOS is up to date
    4)run it in safe mode
    5) is there any kind of error message or a blue screen of death before it shuts off , or does it completely power down ?
    6)you will have to monitor if the battery is holding the charge when you have the machine plugged in. 
  • PARNABDEBNATH
    PARNABDEBNATH Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited February 2020
    Totally disappointed with Acer Service. Brought this laptop with serial no. NHQ3FSI008XXXXX and not able to extend warranty.Called and mailed customer care many times but they dont reply to my mails. Its been 5 months now I am mailing them but issue not resolved. Regret buying this laptop.

Edited the content to hide sensitive information
    Acer-Samuel
  • I still think there must be some interlock button on the motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• yashb__07
    Went to the service center and got it fixed, they said it sometimes can happen with the battery and can be manually fixed and that it won't happen again. So let's see if it happens again