Help troubleshooting XB271HU not turning on!

Revan11
Revan11 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
I've been using the XB271HU for arpound a year or 2 now and it's largely worked fine, not had any serious issues with it.
I was using it fine yesterday night, but this morning the monitor wont come on at all.
The screen is black, the power light is blue & no buttons do anything. Windows isn't recognising the monitor.
I'm using dual monitors so i tried disconnecting the other monitor and restarting with only the Predator but no joy.
Tried connecting with only DP, only HDMI and both. None work. 
I have  an RTX 2080 Ti with Driver Vers: 26.21.14.4112

I'm not sure what else to try to get it powered up. Any help would be excellent.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Try a full power reset on it. Disconnect all the cables, press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds, wait a bit and plug everything back in. That sometimes helps when it gets into a weird power state.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Revan11
    billsey said:
    Try a full power reset on it. Disconnect all the cables, press and hold the power button for 15-30 seconds, wait a bit and plug everything back in. That sometimes helps when it gets into a weird power state.
    I did give this a try but it didn't give me any joy. I also hooked it up to my laptop and realised that if it's plugged in through only hdmi then windows recognises it but I don't get any display.
  • billsey
    Darn, not looking good. When connected if you shine a flashlight on the screen can you see faint traces of what should be there? Can you see the splash screen at all using a flashlight? If so it's the backlight that's not working, if not it's likely something worse.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Revan11
    billsey said:
    Darn, not looking good. When connected if you shine a flashlight on the screen can you see faint traces of what should be there? Can you see the splash screen at all using a flashlight? If so it's the backlight that's not working, if not it's likely something worse.

I gave that a try and its completely black. Theres nothing faint at all it seems completely dead. I've seen a few different forum posts on here and reddit with people having the same problem with no fix. I know there is some serious quality control issues with the company that makes the panels for these monitors so im going to assume it's just dead now.
  • billsey
    Unfortunately it sounds like you are right . :(
  • Revan11
    billsey said:
    Unfortunately it sounds like you are right . :(
    I'll just need to chance my luck with Acer and see if they'll fix or replace it then, it's still under warranty.
  • billsey
    Yeah, in most occasions they are pretty good about getting that handled with minimal pain, but that can change in weird times, such as buying it in one locale and trying to get warranty repair elsewhere...