Memory Stick Question. Predator G3-710

frogjoe
frogjoe Member Posts: 28 Troubleshooter
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi. I have an Acer Predator G3-710 and want to upgrade the RAM so have opened up the case and took a screenshot of the memory stick (below) and was wondering if you would be so kind and paste in a few links pointing in the direction to what I need so to buy online? Thanks.

Answers

• Can you send a screenshot of the cpuz program, showing the memory settings?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • frogjoe
    Yes, here it is cheers,

• I would like to see the information on the spd tab. See this too:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    Here is the SPD, although, there is nothing really showing cheers,

• This is because the memory is not installed in slot 1. Check the other slots.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    Okay, now I know why there is nothing showing was because the SPD wasn't set at slot 4, as there is an option to pick the slot where the card is. So my bad. Of course, I am sorry for not mentioning in my OP that I am not tech-savvy and also, have never used cpuz before as I only use my rig for gaming. Anyway here is the SPD showing slot 4 of where my memory stick is cheers,

• In this case, what I told you earlier will help you:
    I would like to see the information on the spd tab. See this too:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    Is this a wind up or something? I have posted in images showing information of the memory and the SPD from the cpuz. Maybe you could explain to me what I am doing wrong then it may make things easier for me to know what exactly I am supposed to do?

Your first repy was > Can you send a screenshot of the cpuz program, showing the memory settings? Which I posted in an image of this.
    Then you asked for the SPD information from the cpuz, but I got it wrong the first time so chose slot 4, of which I have enclosed in image showing slot 4 information from the cpuz.

Now we are back to square one again with your last reply being > In this case, what I told you earlier will help you: Well I have already showed  you the information on the SPD tab from the cpuz. I am very confused. Also, the last image you posted in, well my cpuz show a difference interface of the memory information.

I just want a few trusted links I can click on then I am reassured to know EXACTLY where to go to buy a new memory stick, so I can upgrade my RAM.

Thanks

• frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    Keep in mind I opened the pc case and took out the memory stick and took a picture of it using my mobile phone so really this should tell you how noobie I am at knowing such stuff. If I would have known about the cpuz then I wouldn't have had to open the case.

Just a few trusted links please so I can click on them and look at what I can buy. Receiving such information from a professional adviser on here would do wonders for my confidence when knowing exactly what to buy and knowing its a trusted site too.

Cheers.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    His image,
    Gives part numbers for several memory modules that have been tested with your model by Acer. Your module is a PC4-2133 that's 8GB in size and is one of the Hynix modules. Realistically you don't have to purchase the exact module specced for your system by Acer, pretty much any PC4-2133 that's 4GB, 8GB or 16GB will work, as long as it's also 1.2V and without a parity chip. Which modules you get will be determined by how much memory you want (64GB is likely overkill, unless you are working with some fairly high end applications). With your system you get a bit of a performance bump if the modules are installed in matching pairs. We typically don't provide direct links to items for sale, both because they tend to stay around here in the forums for much longer than they stay in the stores and because we don't represent the actual vendors, so can't speak for their quality. A fairly quick Google search with the info provided should get you what you want.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    So I am looking for a PC4-2133 memory stick. And thanks so much for the tip on 1.2V and without a parity chip. This is the kind of stuff I don't know and now you have mentioned this it is helping a lot already. I just needed a heads up from a professional who can help make me feel reassured and so I have a much clear and specific idea of what I am now looking for. Perfect.

Your post has helped dearly.

It means a lot.
    Thank You.

• frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    Okay, I found a 4GB. Would this one be ok to use?

It says none ECC, which I came across when finding out how to know if the RAM stick or module has a parity chip or not?

Oh yeh, and I have saw also, how some 4GB memory modules are smaller that the 8GB modules. Does the size matter?

Thanks

• 1) I suggest you check this link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM_parity
    2) It will matter, if you want to activate the dual channel. If you use an 8gb + 4gb, 8gb will be in dual channell and the other 4gb will be in single channel. I suggest you check this link, which shows the compatible memories: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/predator-g3-710

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• However, some rams memories have xmp profiles. I don't think they are compatible with the g3-710, because there are no xmp profiles in your model's bios. You can choose to purchase a common ram.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    Ok thanks. I appreciate your help.

but would the link below be a suitable buy for my rig specs? Just a yes or no would suffice, cheers.

And where you mention 'common ram' well, could you maybe elaborate a little more on that thanks, as I just did a google on common ram but nothing is really tellin me anything as am thinking common ram is a memory module right? Am most probably wrong, Cheers again.

• Your model does not accept sodimm as they are for notebooks. See these memories:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• frogjoe
    edited January 2020
    I just want to know what memory stick I can use so too upgrade my Predator G3-710 RAM.
    I looked for PC4-2133 and found a 4GB.

Now to be honest I have lost all interest.
    So will just stay with what RAM I have, as I give up.

Sorry to bother anyone.

• The rams memories I reported above were taken from the service manual for your specific model.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• frogjoe
    Ok, thanks,
    I didn't know that.