Acer Nitro VG240Y - Microphone not working when plugged into Monitor

nide_
nide_ Member Posts: 2 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I noticed that i could use my monitor to have audio instead of my sound card since my headset cable is kind of short. My audio output works and i can watch videos nicely but my headset microphone isn't getting registered. I'm on a Acer Nitro VG240Y, and my pc specs are:
i7 2600 @3.7GHz
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti 4GB
16GB DDR3 @ 1333mhz
240GB SSD and 500GB HDD.
My monitor is connected to my GPU through HDMI. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Have you checked if the monitor's hdmi port is enabled in the sound properties?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • nide_
    nide_ Member Posts: 2 New User
    Have you checked if the monitor's hdmi port is enabled in the sound properties?

I can't see that option, mind sending a screenshot?
  • Você deve verificar aqui:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)