Orion 3000 (PO3-600-UR20) - How do I get my Orion 3000 to display on my XB3?

OpaqueGorgon57
OpaqueGorgon57 Member Posts: 9 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I recently bought an Orion 3000 (PO3-600-UR20) and when I connect everything to my Predator XB3 (XB273K GPbmiipprzx), nothing will show on the monitor. How do I properly connect my Orion to my monitor so that it’ll be displayed?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    Which port are you using on you Orion? Which port are you using on the XB3? Which version cable is it?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OpaqueGorgon57
    billsey said:
    Which port are you using on you Orion? Which port are you using on the XB3? Which version cable is it?
    There are three DP ports and one HDMI port on the graphic card (NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080) on the Orion. On the XB3, there are two DP and two HDMI. I used both DP and HDMI ports on both devices, but they still just said "No Signal". I don't understand what you mean by which version cable is it. I bought a new HDMI cord if that's what you meant.
  • billsey
    There have been several versions of HDMI and DP over the years and some of the older version cables don't support the newer version ports at full capabilities. They should still work, albeit at lower performance. For instance some won't do 4K at 60Hz...When connected try using the OSD on the monitor to change source ports, it may be the auto sensing isn't working right. Do you have a different machine to try the monitor with? We really need to pin things down to the Orion or the monitor.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • OpaqueGorgon57
    billsey said:
    There have been several versions of HDMI and DP over the years and some of the older version cables don't support the newer version ports at full capabilities. They should still work, albeit at lower performance. For instance some won't do 4K at 60Hz...When connected try using the OSD on the monitor to change source ports, it may be the auto sensing isn't working right. Do you have a different machine to try the monitor with? We really need to pin things down to the Orion or the monitor.
    I use my laptop with my monitor, using a HDMI cord, and it works perfectly fine. The monitor came with two DP cords but not sure what version they are.
  • billsey
    It sounds like you've done your due diligence, you certainly should be seeing stuff on the display if your new machine is connected the same way your old was. Contact Acer support and start a ticket, they should be able to get you fixed up.