Acer Predator G3-710

kjellnor
kjellnor Member Posts: 7 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
I like to upgrade my computer with a new motherboard including intel i9-9900K prcessor.

My computer has window 10 included in the motherboard.

Can I just change over that chip to my new motherboard?

Kjell

Answers

• Do you intend to purchase a new motherboard? If so, you should verify that the motherboard is in the uATX format. About the chip, are you referring to the processor?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kjellnor
    Yes, I will be a new motherboard which includes intel processor and ram.

The chip is includes Windows 10 installed by Acer. it is drive C:\

Kjell
  • In this case, you should check if the shape of the new motherboard will fit inside the case. Also, check the power supply capacity, as you will also purchase a new processor.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kjellnor
    Thanks.

Any comments for the "chip".It starting up my computer!!

In the board diagram it is item no.3

Kjell
  • I still don't understand what chip you are referring to.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• You can explain better? You intend to purchase another ssd and want to clone windows, correct?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kjellnor
    Hello!

When I bought the computer one 256Gb SSD and one TB HDD were fitted by the maker.
    The Windows 10 is included in the SSD

The only hardisk installed in the disk tray is the HDD so I thought the SSD must be included in the motherboard.

Should I buy a new SSD and cloned the C:\ SSD where the Windows is installed?

I thought it was easier to reinstall existing 256 SSD in the new motherboard.

Kjell

• Understand. In this case, you should know what type of ssd your new motherboard will support. Did the g3-710 come with a ssd m2 2280 sata 3 or nvme?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kjellnor
    Hello!
    I am not sure. I have disconnected the HDD and fitted a Crucial 960GB SSD and it is working fine!

Kjell

• What is the model of the new motherboard you intend to purchase?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kjellnor
    Hello!

I have not decided that yet!

Kjell

• When you decide, report here. But it is very likely that it will support nvme and sata 3 models. I believe that it will not be necessary to purchase another ssd.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• kjellnor
    Hello!
    Thank you very much for your information!

Kjell