Predator Orion 3000-600 Where is the 2nd M.2 slot?

MPVGMPVG Member Posts: 4 New User
edited January 23 in Predator Desktops
Hi, I bought Predator a Predator Orion 3000-600 with a PO3 B360 motherboard. As it came with a 512GB SSD I soon discovered I needed to upgrade my storage. It's supposed to have 2 M.2 SSD slots so I bought a 1TB ssd M.2. But I really can't find where to put the new ssd (feel quite  ;) ). Is there a layout of the motherboard somewhere?

FAQ & Answers

• brummyfan2brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 17,148 Trailblazer
    Hi,
    You have one near the graphics card and the other next to SATA connections.

• MPVGMPVG Member Posts: 4 New User
    Hi, thanks. The current ssd is placed in M2_2 but M2_1 seems already occupied by something. See attached pic. 
    Hi,
    My apologies, it was my mistake, M2_1 is for WiFi card, you have only one slot for M.2 SSD in this model.
    Hi, ok. That is not optimal. However I dont need the wifi as I use cable. So I could just disconnect the wifi card and use it for my 2nd ssd? 
    Hi,
    Unfortunately, you can not do that because BIOS will not be able to identify the SSD and also the WiFi cards have different keys, so I doubt it would physically fit in the slot.
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 64,947 Trailblazer
    You can try using this pcie adapter:
    Resultado de imagem para adaptador pcie nvme
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    Ok, but where to put that? The graphic card blocks all ports. See pic
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 64,947 Trailblazer
    But I can't guarantee that the motherboard will recognize this caddy.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • billseybillsey ACE Posts: 13,008 Trailblazer
    Best is to just send the M.2 drive back and get a 2.5" SSD to drop in as if it were a HDD or upgrade the 512GB SSD to something like a 2TB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.