LG V30 android phone won't connect to chromebase

bikerfox
bikerfox Member Posts: 3 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Before the last chrome update, my v30 could connect to the Acer CA24I chromebase with no issues. Now, it won't connect.
However, it will connect with my wife's pc laptop.  How do I get the Acer to recognize the phone?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Check on Google's support site to see if they changed anything in the latest release that would affect that type of connection. I'd be surprised if it were a hardware problem, more likely drivers...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bikerfox
    Can't seem to find anything from google about this issue....
  • billsey
    OK, are you connecting via WiFi or Bluetooth? When connected what are you doing? Using the phone to tether network access for the Chromebase or transferring files?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bikerfox
    billsey said:
    OK, are you connecting via WiFi or Bluetooth? When connected what are you doing? Using the phone to tether network access for the Chromebase or transferring files?
    The phone is connected to the chromebase via cable.  When it was connected it charged (and the new cord does the same) and transferred files.  The windows that showed the phone came up sporadically, which is the reason I purchased a new cable.  I just checked both cables when attaching the phone to the pc.  The phone shows up, but it's empty, according to the pc.  However, the phone is not empty and has plenty of pics, etc....I wonder if something is internally wrong with the phone...?
  • billsey
    The phone should choose (or allow you to choose) the mode it wants to be in when the cable is first connected. It should be under Settings; Storage; USB, but over the years it has changed, so it might be different for your phone.