Delete key function on Nitro 5 AN515-53-55G9

ForASchoolProject
ForASchoolProject Member Posts: 1 New User
edited January 2020 in Nitro Gaming
I just bought a nitro 5 (AN515-53-55G9) last week and am wondering about how the delete key works. It seems like you have to have numlock on and press the shift key. Are there other ways that it works? Is there any way to delete faster, without using two butttons?
Thanks.

Answers

• H87V
    H87V Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

The delete key works as normal, with or without numlock on. 
  • LenaDavid
    LenaDavid Member Posts: 1 New User
    I would also like to report that the del key (the one at the top that is shared with ins) is not working on my nitro 5 (AN515-54).  The del key on the numpad is working when numlock is off.  But why would the del key at the top not function?
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited June 2019
    I just bought a nitro 5 (AN515-53-55G9) last week and am wondering about how the delete key works. It seems like you have to have numlock on and press the shift key. Are there other ways that it works? Is there any way to delete faster, without using two butttons?
    Thanks.
    Use the Delete Key on the top row toward the right hand side Del/Ins, you are using the Delete key on the Number pad 

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• duratothemax
    duratothemax Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am in the same boat, the del key at the top does not work on my new nitro 5 (i5-9300h, gtx 1050).

Is this a driver issue or a problem with the keyboard?

Please provide a response soon, I would like to know if I need to return this laptop to bestbuy before the return/exchange period is over.

I have generally had a good experience with acer products, I don't want this problem to prevent me from purchasing acer products in the future.
  • bernaslm
    bernaslm Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited January 2020
    Nitro 5 AN515-54 bilgisayarımda numlock tuşuna basmama rağmen sayı takımını kullanamıyorum.Bu sorun sadece bendemi var acaba?

Although I press the numlock key on my Nitro 5 AN515-54 computer, I cannot use the number pad. I just have the problem.

[Edited the post using Google Translator, as it was posted in Turkish Language. Acer-Harvey]
  • macron0
    macron0 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited May 2021
    Hi a bit late maybe but in my nitro 5 (AN517-51)  the INS key is treated as media key and the DEL key is part of the function keys. In the bios/uefi you need to set the default behaviour. Ie weather F3 is F3 or the wifi on/off button by default or you need F3 to get the F3 function. So Try FN del if the DEL key does not work. 
    My problem is that I want function keys as default and INS as default. Via ssh I cannot copy via CTRL-C (means break) so I use CTRL-INS for the last 23 years. And in this laptop that's a problem They expect me to press CTRL,FN,INS to copy and CTRL,FN,SHIFT INS to paste. Since it is a function I use 100's of times a day I want it to work the same no matter which keyboard I use. (ie work laptop or private laptop)
    But I found a little utility called  KeyTweak that lets you remap keys. With this super handy util I disabled caps lock and  swapped the INS and DEL function in the INS/DEL key.
    Hope this might help some one.