Acer Aspire Switch 10E SW3-013 How to do a clean install from a USB disk drive

ZeTo
ZeTo Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
Hi everybody,

My notebook at boot cant find the boot device. I what to perform a new installation of the windows 10 32 Bit from a bootable USB Pen. But the machine does not allow me to install from the OTG or from the USB slot from the dock. I start the installation and when I reach the stage of choosing the installation partition I receive the following message:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support configuration of installation to disks connected trough a USB or IEE 1394 port."

what can I do to reinstall windows?

Thanks

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    As I told you before, you can install the microsoft iso. To do this, simply delete the emmc partitions and install windows again. The problem is that this procedure will erase erecovery, which for some reason has been damaged.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Have you converted the flash drive to gpt and graduated to fat32? Also, have you downloaded an x86 iso and disabled secureboot?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ZeTo
    OI, muito obrigado pela pronta atenção. 

Thank you for your response.

I´ve downloaded from Microsoft official repository the latest windows 10 32 Bits as an ISO file. Then I used RUFUS to create a bootable Flash drive. But as I boot from that drive I cant manage to install to my Internal Drive. I suppose that is a kind of solid drive or a solid memory. When I turn on my device it shows a message saying that "No Boot Device foud"
  • ZeTo
    Is it possible to communicate in Portuguese? 
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZeTo
    I've the BIOS configuration properly done, I thing.  The Tablet boots from the Pen drive and start the installation procedure. I choose the Language, Date format and Keyboard Layout. Then, the Partition shows up to install but the program says immediately that windows can not be installed in the drive. This is the message:

"Windows cannot be installed to this disk. Setup does not support configuration of installation to disks connected trough a USB or IEE 1394 port"

If I press F10 to open the Command prompt, the screen turns black and the tablet froze...  :anguished:
  • Have you tried reinstalling windows by just pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZeTo
    If ALT + F10 pressed prior to the ACER logo this message shows up:

" Default boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media and Hit any Key Then select "Boot Manager to choose a new Boot Device or to Boot Recovery Media."

I´ve pressed the Alt+F10 Keys without the windows 10 bootable pen drive inserted. 

I DONT HAVE A RECOVERY MEDIA
  • You can try a hard reset like this:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZeTo
    I can't boot normally in windows. That is the problem. My Tablet does not open at all. Only in a kind of Safe mode from ACER that only allow me to configure boot options.
  • Can you send a screenshot of these options that appear?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZeTo
    I finally get the command prompt and tried to Convert the installation partition to GPT and it was not possible as you can see from the photos.
  • ZeTo
    Those are the options that I've when I power on the Tablet.
  • ZeTo
    And also it is how I've configured the boot sequence 
  • ZeTo
    Windows boot partition does not exist.
  • ZeTo
    I need to kind off FLASH my system.
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZeTo
    I've downloaded the zip file already. How do I install the driver? Copy the zipped file to the bootable win10 pen drive?
  • You can extract to the flash drive that contains windows 10, but put the file in a different folder! Or you use another USB stick.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ZeTo
    Ok, I've extracted the zipped files to a new folder in the Bootable Windows Pen Drive. Never did that before during a windows installation... What drivers must I install? All?
  • No! Install only the i2c driver .inf file and click here:

egydiocoelho Trailblazer