[VG240Y P] Intermittent Black screen with Freesync on

BeggarSoldier
BeggarSoldier Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 22 in 2020 Archives

Whenever I have Freesync turned on on my VG240Y P monitor, I get black screens that last around 2-3 seconds which is very annoying. Turning Freesync off solves the problem but I want to use it because that's why I bought it. I only noticed it while playing games and never happens while doing stuff on the Desktop. It is really frustrating because I would really like to use this feature since I bought this monitor to use Freesync and my GPU does support it.

My PC Specs are:

• GPU: RX 590 Sapphire 8GB GDDR5 Nitro+
  • CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
  • RAM: 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHZ
  • PSU: 700W Hyper 700
  • MOBO: ASUS TUF x470-Plus Gaming

So far I tried:

- Using custom resolution in the AMD Driver (No luck)
- Updating the AMD driver (No luck)
- Rolling back drivers (No luck)
- Have put the monitor on "Never sleep" mode. (No luck)
- Installing the VG240Y driver manually (No luck)
- Tried to use AMD Enhanced Sync with Freesync on (No luck)
- Turning Color Depth to 8 from 12 (No luck)

Just got this monitor like 1-2 week ago and I've been battling with this issue since. So far I'm satisfied and also disappointed with this product since it has 144hz, but I can't use Freesync on it properly...

Any help would be nice and appreciated.

Answers

• Does the issue occur when you connect an hdmi or dp cable?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BeggarSoldier
    Does the issue occur when you connect an hdmi or dp cable?
    It's connected by HDMI 2.0, the Cable that was supplied with the monitor. Unfortunately, I have no DP cable to try it out
  • What is the model of your video card? Have you tried lowering the resolution and also the refresh rate?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • BeggarSoldier
    What is the model of your video card? Have you tried lowering the resolution and also the refresh rate?
    RX590 SAPPHIRE EDITION NITRO+ 8GB

Haven't tried those options, but I'd rather not choose to because i bought the monitor for 144hz 1080p...
  • Neste caso, seria apenas para testar.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BeggarSoldier
    Neste caso, seria apenas para testar.
    Tried lowering the refresh rate to 120HZ. Didn't fix it..
  • Can you test with a dp cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• BeggarSoldier
    Can you test with a dp cable?
    I don't have a DP cable.. but I'll get one I don't know when. 
  • There are some solutions for other freesync monitor models in the amd community, see: https://community.amd.com/thread/237313
    I would try the solution posted by user mariusdambu, who used the CRU program.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer