What GPU is suitable for my predator G5910?

WhiteRanger
WhiteRanger Member Posts: 8 New User
edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi all, 

Am using an old predator G5910 and was wondering what gpu upgrade is suitable for this?
Will AMD gpu like rx 580 or rx 5700 work on this mobo?

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    From what I understand, either an AMD or NVIDIA based card will work. You should have either a 500W or 750W supply, check the suggested supply size for the cards you are looking at.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WhiteRanger
    Thanks for responding.
    My psu is 750w from fsp group, will the amd gpu fit in my casing? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    It should. Remember that the vendor who actually builds the card based on the GPU determines size, but you should be able to fit all cards in easily. It's a nice big case. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • On your Aspire Predator G5910 there is a 1x 2.0/PCI-e x16 slot which should accomodate any of the compatible AMD or NVIDIA based cards, make sure that you don't waste your money on buying a graphics card that wont be quicker than a compatible graphics card for the 2.0/PCI-e slot, that your motherboard was designed for! The OEM Nvidia GeForce GT 440 has only 512MB RAM and is a compatible 2.0/PCI-e card. My suggestion also, is for you to update to an SSD 2.5" and increase the RAM to a max of 16GB (your OEM RAM is DDR3 PC3-12800RAM) to the DDR3 PC3-14900 type RAM, which will improve the Aspire Predator G5910 to handle Win-10 perfectly and also make it handle some up to date gaming. 

• WhiteRanger
    StevenGen said:
    On your Aspire Predator G5910 there is a 1x 2.0/PCI-e x16 slot which should accomodate any of the compatible AMD or NVIDIA based cards, make sure that you don't waste your money on buying a graphics card that wont be quicker than a compatible graphics card for the 2.0/PCI-e slot, that your motherboard was designed for! The OEM Nvidia GeForce GT 440 has only 512MB RAM and is a compatible 2.0/PCI-e card. My suggestion also, is for you to update to an SSD 2.5" and increase the RAM to a max of 16GB (your OEM RAM is DDR3 PC3-12800RAM) to the DDR3 PC3-14900 type RAM, which will improve the Aspire Predator G5910 to handle Win-10 perfectly and also make it handle some up to date gaming. 

Thx for responding Steven!
    I am using a 512gb lexar ssd and my rams are 16gig. I search online and see that my rams are limited to 1333mhz 16gb for my mobo. Will a 1866mhz ram work?

Which gpu do u recommend I get for a 1X pcie 2.0 x16 slot?  I'm currently using 750ti atm