Acer Swift 3 SF 314 57 - BSOD after Hibernation

UserCV
UserCV Member Posts: 57 Devotee WiFi Icon
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi

Anyone else having a BSOD after using Hibernation Mode? Since this Device is pretty new i'm not sure if it is driver incompatibility or a hardware issue (Ice Lake i1035G1). Already did a clean Windows installation including newest drivers i could find. No other programms installed yet to secure the highest system stability but still as i said getting BSOD after every hibernation.

Here are the Minidump readouts . Kernel Data Inpage Error and x0000007a could mean RAM or Hard Drive failures. So i already did chkdsk and memtest (4x) without any errors. Any suggestion?

And to all owners of this sepcifiv modell (SF314 57) please tryout hibernation and tell me if you get the same error

Best Answer

Answers

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Good Morning UserCV !

System error and BSOD issues are already widely reported in the latest versions of Windows 10 updates.
    There are several factors and several possible solutions.
    But initially the issue is not your device but Windows.
    Have you tried reinstalling and without any windows update making use of hibernation?

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• UserCV
    Indeed i did that as well and it worked.

Too be precisely it worked after clean install wihout updating any drivers. This Mmdel is that new that most component dont even get legacy drivers from windows. So im still offline (without Wifi Adapter) after installing windows.

But i cant skip Windows Updates forever nor can i skip those drivers since most function wouldnt worked without them e.g. Wifi/Internet

• MaClane
    MaClane ACE Posts: 35,598 Trailblazer
    Really.
    In this case, it is ideal to contact the driver developer and inform them requesting a general update.

Se minha resposta foi útil, deixe um Curtir, marque como Solucionado e clique em Promover!
    Caso contrario, fico a disposição para tentarmos sanar suas duvidas e resolver seus problemas!
    Atenciosamente:  J. MaClane™

If my answer was helpful, leave a Like, flag as Fixed and click Promote!
    Otherwise, I am willing to try to heal your doubts and solve your problems!
    Sincerely, J. MaClane ™

For users of the English, Spanish, French and German Community, I will be using Google Translate!

• Spag
    Spag Member Posts: 2 New User
    UserCV said:
    Hi

Anyone else having a BSOD after using Hibernation Mode? Since this Device is pretty new i'm not sure if it is driver incompatibility or a hardware issue (Ice Lake i1035G1). Already did a clean Windows installation including newest drivers i could find. No other programms installed yet to secure the highest system stability but still as i said getting BSOD after every hibernation.

Here are the Minidump readouts . Kernel Data Inpage Error and x0000007a could mean RAM or Hard Drive failures. So i already did chkdsk and memtest (4x) without any errors. Any suggestion?

And to all owners of this sepcifiv modell (SF314 57) please tryout hibernation and tell me if you get the same error

I get freeze after hibernate. Exact same model. Factory win10 install. Brand new. Have to hold power button 10 sec to restart. Any sollutions? 
  • UserCV
    Answer ✓
    Found a fix!

To all owners of  this device. Please install latest Intel RST Driver (Version 17.7)
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/29094/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technik-Intel-RST-Benutzeroberfl-che-und-Treiber?v=t

22.06 MB

@Spag
    Still got some questions since you got the same model. 
    1. Does your Touchpad making some noise like it is loose?
    2. Does your device sitting flat on a desk while lid is open?
  • Spag
    Spag Member Posts: 2 New User
    UserCV said:
    Found a fix!

To all owners of  this device. Please install latest Intel RST Driver (Version 17.7)
    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/de/download/29094/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technik-Intel-RST-Benutzeroberfl-che-und-Treiber?v=t

22.06 MB

@Spag
    Thanks for the fix. I will do a clean install and try it. Strange think. I bought two identical laptops, and this error did only occur on one of the laptops. I was sure it was a hardware issue, but ACER support phone said it was a windows bug anyway. 

@UserCV
    On both my laptops.
    1. It my Touchpad seems ok.
    2. Yes

• aucejito
    aucejito Member Posts: 1 New User
    I bought a new Acer Aspire 5 A515-54G-70Y9 and I have the same problem with the Suspension/Hibernation Mode and the blue screen (Critical Process Died). I have tried almost everything and still remains... I'm about to try downloading what @UserCV says and....

EDIT: IT WORKS OMG after 3 days searching info and talking to Acer and Amazon support I finally did it, thank you so much @UserCV that link to that concrete driver finally worked. I going to help everyone with the same mistake. 

And @Spag reading you message, although my model is not the same I have to say that my touchpad is okay installing Acer drivers and yes, my laptop is a bit "wobbly" when I open the lid, it's a bit annoying but Amazon compensated me with a partial return.
  • Batmaci
    Batmaci Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I have also Swift 3 314-57 version. Just bought 1 week ago and installed Win 10 pro with my digital license and i was wondering if that has something to do with it. Actually i used the laptop 2 days with win 10 home OEM version originally purchased and i didnt have this problem. I dont use hybernate but every time, i turn off and on the pc, it starts with Blue screens with different messages. It could be that originally it was delivered to me with intel RST driver 17.7 and thats why i didnt have this problem. so home to pro upgrade has nothing to do with it. Strange thing that Acer website offers only 17.5 version of this driver. Is it not a known problem for Acer? why dont they offer this version?
    Btw Did you guys do BIOS update to the latest 1.12  version? mine is on 1.09 still
  • Batmaci
    Batmaci Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Other than this problem i would like to ask you 314-57 owners, how does your battery look like? my one is very strange. right now 72% is full and renaming time is 1hr 32 mins. later It can be 50% and 4 hours battery time. I have purchased this laptop based on good reviews and especially it was stated to run more than 10 hours. Do you guys see this? I am not watching view or running any heavy programs right now. only chrome with 4 tabs are open and shows 1hr 32 mins. it is also on better Battery mode. 
  • UserCV
    Batmaci said:
    Other than this problem i would like to ask you 314-57 owners, how does your battery look like? my one is very strange. right now 72% is full and renaming time is 1hr 32 mins. later It can be 50% and 4 hours battery time. I have purchased this laptop based on good reviews and especially it was stated to run more than 10 hours. Do you guys see this? I am not watching view or running any heavy programs right now. only chrome with 4 tabs are open and shows 1hr 32 mins. it is also on better Battery mode. 
    My battery life is ok. 100% to 20% in around 5.5h with mixed usage (Screen brightness @55% + Energy Saver Mode). I'd never expected to get the duration which manufactures promotes so i'm not to disappointed.

Your remaining time can change in seconds according to your workload. So it isn't very unsual to see 4hours remaining just to see it drop to 1h32 in a split second. If you are interested in your average remaining time according to your usage i recommend cmd - powercfg/batteryreport
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Battery statistics numbers are handled by the OS and typically fluctuate more when it hasn't been well calibrated. By default calibration is not done unless you manually do the full charge/discharge cycle fairly often. I typically try to do it about monthly if I'm trying to get those 'time remaining' numbers to seem reasonable.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • RobBauer
    RobBauer Member Posts: 1 New User
    UserCV said:
    Found a fix!

22.06 MB

@Spag

I have been facing the same problems with Ubuntu and with Linux Mint. Returning to Windows 10 is no option for me. Does anybody know if the RST Driver (Version 17.7) which should solve the problem is available for Linux also? On Intel's support site, I could not find it.

Thanks a lot!
  • UserCV
    RobBauer said:
    UserCV said:
    Found a fix!

22.06 MB

@Spag

I have been facing the same problems with Ubuntu and with Linux Mint. Returning to Windows 10 is no option for me. Does anybody know if the RST Driver (Version 17.7) which should solve the problem is available for Linux also? On Intel's support site, I could not find it.

Thanks a lot!
    You could try a Workaround on Linux. If you are on latest Bios 1.12 go Main Tab and  Press "CRTL + S" and Change AHCI Mode to "SATA" instead of Intel RST