Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52 -WHICH SSD THEY USE IN ACER LAPTOP OR ANY OTHER LAPTOP WHEN SSD COMES INBUILT?

MITTALKUMAR
MITTALKUMAR Member Posts: 3 New User
edited December 2023 in 2020 Archives
WHICH SSD THEY USE IN ACER LAPTOP OR ANY OTHER LAPTOP WHEN SSD COMES INBUILT?  :)  :):)

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    WHICH SSD THEY USE IN ACER LAPTOP OR ANY OTHER LAPTOP WHEN SSD COMES INBUILT?  :)  :):)

It all depends on the model number

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• WHICH SSD THEY USE IN ACER LAPTOP OR ANY OTHER LAPTOP WHEN SSD COMES INBUILT?  :)  :):)
    Most of the 2.5" SSDs and M.2s are all generic (to save money) not all! The rule of thumb is, that the major top brands e.g. Samsung, WD Blue,  Micron, SanDisk, Crucial will give a much higher quality SSD drive than the ones that any manufacturer of laptops uses for its OEM SSDs! Do your research and buy the SSD of your budget and to your budget!
  • andylb
    edited January 2020
    @StevenGen If he gives us his exact model number we can tell him which SSD may be installed and Steve you are right, some Acer models come with Hynix, Western Digital or Kingston so they are not all Generic mate

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MITTALKUMAR
    @andylb ACER NITRO 5
  • andylb
    edited January 2020
    @andylb ACER NITRO 5
    @MITTALKUMAR NITRO 5 is NOT a model number

Acer Nitro 5 is NOT just one laptop it is a product line, Nitro 5 is NOT the model number. There are many models within the Nitro 5 product range and each model has different variants depending on the region it is sold in and the SSD varies with the exact model. You must also bare in mind the different types of SSD, depending on the model it may be a SATA or NVMe PCLe.

As an example all model numbers begin with AN51*-**-***  In the example below AN515-54-51M5. So without knowing which model number you are inquiring about none of us can give you an answer. If you give me the full model number of a unit you are interested in I will check the Service Manual and get back to you with the possible SSD's which may vary depending on stock available at the time of manufacture. It would take me way too much time to go through every Nitro 5 model and list the Brand and size of SSD

Example of model number below

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• andylb said:
    @StevenGen If he gives us his exact model number we can tell him which SSD may be installed and Steve you are right, some Acer models come with Hynix, Western Digital or Kingston so they are not all Generic mate
    Yes I know Andy, he's not specific enough, as there could be a multitude of options to use. And I'm not arguing that "some Acer models come with Hynix, Western Digital or Kingston" but and in those 'high end models' the customer(s) have to pay for that option, of the upper spec hardware. Just as an example, I haven't seen any laptops from Acer and/or any other laptop manufacturer that uses Samsung M.2 and/or 2.5 SSDs, I could be wrong but I haven't come across any, as yet! 
  • andylb
    StevenGen said:
    andylb said:
    Yes I know Andy, he's not specific enough, as there could be a multitude of options to use. And I'm not arguing that "some Acer models come with Hynix, Western Digital or Kingston" but and in those 'high end models' the customer(s) have to pay for that option, of the upper spec hardware. Just as an example, I haven't seen any laptops from Acer and/or any other laptop manufacturer that uses Samsung M.2 and/or 2.5 SSDs, I could be wrong but I haven't come across any, as yet! 

Spot on mate, good summary on your part :)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• MITTALKUMAR

Acer Nitro 5 AN515-52

• andylb
    edited January 2020
    This is the list depending on the SSD size