Acer Aspire R3-131T, bulged battery.

MoizPasha
MoizPasha Member Posts: 2 New User
edited November 2023 in 2020 Archives
Hi, I have recently noticed that the bottom part of my Acer Aspire R3-131T has bulged, to the point that it has cracked the top part(near the trackpad) and the bottom(towards the left) of the laptop. What I wanted to know was whether I could still use the laptop after removing the battery( by keeping it constantly connected to an AC power source) and if the battery could pose any risk?

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If your battery is protruding, it is best to replace it. Regarding the fact that using the notebook without the battery, in my opinion, is not the best option, because if there is a power outage or there is a power surge, the computer will shut down and may corrupt the hdd files. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    If your battery is protruding, it is best to replace it. Regarding the fact that using the notebook without the battery, in my opinion, is not the best option, because if there is a power outage or there is a power surge, the computer will shut down and may corrupt the hdd files. 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • MoizPasha
    MoizPasha Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thanks a lot! But can I use it with a UPS and without the battery? 
  • I would only use sine wave UPS. However, I still think you should get a new battery.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer