UT241Y LCD Touch Monitor - Windows 10 compatible?

TradFestival
TradFestival Member Posts: 5 New User
edited February 21 in 2020 Archives
Just purchased a UT241Y LCD Touch Monitor and plugged it in to my Windows 10 Pro PC expecting touch functionality but the touch isn't working.  How do I enable it for this monitor?

Answers

• iglesiasmad
    iglesiasmad Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited February 2020
    Hola, yo me quería comprar el monitor, pero pregunte eso mismo a atencion al cliente en España y se nota que ni se lo han leido pq la respuesta no tiene nada que ver. llame por telefono y es un bucle en el que no te contestan y al final se corta la llamada. mejor me compro el Dell. a ti se te arreglo?

Hello, I wanted to buy the monitor, but I asked the same thing to customer service in Spain and it shows that they have not even read it because the answer has nothing to do with it. Call by phone and it is a loop in which they do not answer you and in the end the call is cut. I better buy the Dell. did you fix it?

Edited the content by translating from Spanish to English
    Acer-Samuel
  • TradFestival
    5 months on and no reply from ACER.  Can anyone help?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    Perhaps you should ask Acer instead of here. :) This is a community support board, so you'll only get an answer if another user has experienced the same thing and worked it out. Do you have the USB connected to your computer? I believe the touch signals are routed through that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TradFestival
    edited February 2020
    My understanding of a community support board would be a place where you could submit a question and someone, from the community but also (you'd hope) ACER, who has also experienced the same issue or perhaps might know how to fix it, might respond.  5 months on and the only response was (in Spanish)...

"Hello, I wanted to buy the monitor, but I asked the same thing to customer service in Spain and it shows that they have not even read it because the answer has nothing to do with it. Call by phone and it is a loop in which you are not answered and in the end the call is cut. I better buy the Dell. did you fix it?"

You've replied with "
    Do you have the USB connected to your computer? I believe the touch signals are routed through that." and my answer to that is, no, I don't.  I had no idea I needed to run USB to USB to/from the monitor/computer in order to get the touchscreen working.

All support I've read points to making a change to "
    HID-compliant touch screen" in the "Human Interface Devices" section in Device Manager, however I don't have a "HID-compliant touch screen" option in "Human Interface Devices".

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There is no mention, in any of the above nor in any manual I've read, about USB to USB connection.  We are currently connecting via HDMI cable.

I'll give the USB to USB cable a try (I need to buy one of course!) and come back here to the community to share the results.

I appreciate the reply and advice.  Thank you.
    NJ

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]

• TradFestival
    edited February 2020
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

So it's safe to assume that this is some kind of driver and/or Windows issue.  This is disappointing from a brand new monitor and Windows 10 though.

I think the major problem is that I don't have a "HID-compliant touch screen" option in "Human Interface Devices" in Device Manager.
    Will liaise with ACER support anyway who, thankfully, are responding.  Will post fix here if a fix is found.

[Post edited to remove inappropriate or personal content -Acer-Manny]
  • Manny-Acer_Retired
    Manny-Acer_Retired Newbie Posts: 4,453 Guru
    5 months on and no reply from ACER.  Can anyone help?
    TradFestival, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, Acer employees may read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer moderators may interact with members when appropriate. (case by case basis).

But primarily the community is a place where members can exchange their own advice, ideas, articles with knowledge and troubleshooting techniques etc. The Acer community is not design for direct customer support consultation, case status, complaints, parts requests/orders or sponsorship/donations request, if the troubleshooting steps provided via email by Acer support did not work, you must contact them again or via phone (call center) to have the unit send for diagnosis and repair at our local repair center.

UK Support: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/GB/content/service-contact

Note; This thread will be now closed. 

Acer-Manny
  • TradFestival
    Seeing as ACER have decided to block my previous post - citing some terms and conditions issue with the content of the post (I'd included some of the advice we'd received direct from ACER support) - is there anyone out there who might be able to answer the following, very simple, question that ACER don't appear to be able, or at least willing, to answer?

Is the UT241Y LCD Touch Monitor compatible with Windows 10?

Thank you.
    TMT
This discussion has been closed.