X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

Answers

• damiensmunki
    damiensmunki Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Aldur67 said:
    I just installed the new Nvidia driver that was released this morning, and I can no longer see scan lines on the tree photo. Anyone else?

Edit: Well... If you zoom in a bit and then move around the image, you can still see the scan lines appear and then disappear.
    I just installed the new driver. I never had scan lines show up in the trees image, but I'm still getting the scan lines when playing games, so it didn't fix anything for me either.
    Yeah... I just realized the driver update switched me back to 8-bit color. When I change it back to 10-bit, the scan lines are there when the tree image is full-screen and static. *****. Got my hopes up.

• Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Aldur67 said:
    I just installed the new Nvidia driver that was released this morning, and I can no longer see scan lines on the tree photo. Anyone else?

Edit: Well... If you zoom in a bit and then move around the image, you can still see the scan lines appear and then disappear.
    I just installed the new driver. I never had scan lines show up in the trees image, but I'm still getting the scan lines when playing games, so it didn't fix anything for me either.
    I just tried the new driver myself, Acer x35 scanline/flickering problems continues to persist. Darn, you got my hopes up, only to be bitterly disappointed again.

PACO572
  • Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    Aldur67 said:

Sorry double post.

PACO572
  • KingFisher
    KingFisher Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

kot0005 said:
    Asus and acer announced their 32inch 4k 144hz monitors, X32 and PG32UQX that are far superior to this. This monitor is outdated already. The 1152 zones means you an get VA level contrasts while eliminating haloing to barely noticeable. Good thing I returned mine. Hopefully the new ones dont have any issues.
    How about I tell you the newest PG32UQX still has strong halo effect? 
    I suggest people like you don't buy it because all you can do is bragging and whining until the point it got returned four or five times.
  • FixFlickering
    FixFlickering Member Posts: 21 Networker
    edited January 2020
    asus is only good for the motherboard, the rest is junk.
  • dlim389
    dlim389 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    It's been quiet for a while... It shouldn't take that long to release firmware update! 
  • HAL_9000
    HAL_9000 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon
    They cant fix slow response times without significant ghosting due to overdrive.
    For this VA panels, the spread of the pixel response times varies from 4ms for bright transitions to 45ms for black transitions, while the frame time @200Hz is 5ms.
    This causes inversion artefacts, smearing, ghosting and flickering, depending on the settings of the display and the image content.
  • FixFlickering
    Last Update : 2020/01/07 10:48 https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1041768 nothing new 
  • Celith
    Celith Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

HAL_9000 said:
    They cant fix slow response times without significant ghosting due to overdrive.
    For this VA panels, the spread of the pixel response times varies from 4ms for bright transitions to 45ms for black transitions, while the frame time @200Hz is 5ms.
    This causes inversion artefacts, smearing, ghosting and flickering, depending on the settings of the display and the image content.
    If there was nothing wrong with the monitors outside of the va limitations I dont think asus or Acer would even bring up anything about a firmware update.
  • Delta_Payne
    Delta_Payne Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Update for the PG35 is out and it seems to be working. https://www.reddit.com/r/ultrawidemasterrace/comments/em1zm7/pg35vq_firmware_released/

Ordered it again to test
  • Freedomx90a
    Freedomx90a Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Hi, I have the PG35VQ, I can confirm after updating to the new firmware released today i have no flicker or scanlines in any games. FH4, Witcher 3 and PUBG were 3 of the worst and its completely resolved now. Hope you guys get the x35 firmware asap!
    Thank you for the great news! I can't wait for Acer to release it's own firmware. Acer, how long for the x35 firmware update??? It's been overdue.. =)
  • FixFlickering
    I confirm, no more worries !!!!!!!!!
  • FixFlickering
    edited January 2020
    just remains the problem of putting the screen in standby with gsync and that's it! the main one is fixed
  • Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    just remains the problem of putting the screen in standby with gsync and that's it! the main one is fixed

Any changes to ghosting? Hdr brightness etc? :/ input times, colour?
  • FixFlickering
    Boatkettlecheese said: FixFlickering said: just remains the problem of putting the screen in standby with gsync and that's it! the main one is fixed

I've no idea, I haven't got time for this, but congratulations, they've got it out !
  • HAL_9000
    HAL_9000 Member Posts: 39 Devotee WiFi Icon

wait for some remeasurements from tftcentral using this new firmware. i am also curious what they did.
  • dlim389
    Hi, I have the PG35VQ, I can confirm after updating to the new firmware released today i have no flicker or scanlines in any games. FH4, Witcher 3 and PUBG were 3 of the worst and its completely resolved now. Hope you guys get the x35 firmware asap!
    Where'd you get firmware update?
  • dlim389
    Thank you for the great news! I can't wait for Acer to release it's own firmware. Acer, how long for the x35 firmware update??? It's been overdue.. =)
    Yeah. If ASUS released new firmware update, then Acer better release new firmware update today! There's no excuse! 
This discussion has been closed.