Predator X35 - Screen goes blank

TheClues
TheClues Member Posts: 3 New User
edited February 14 in 2020 Archives
Hi,

I've had this issue a couple of times now (only owned the monitor for 2 weeks). After turning the monitor off and then turning it on later, the screen is completely blank. At first I thought the display was broken as tried different displayport and HDMI inputs and nothing presented an image. Then realised via another forum that somehow in the menu settings under "colour" it had defaulted to colour temperature "blue light" and all colours had been moved down to 0. Changing the colour settings back to user or anything else returned the image. 

Has anyone else had this issue - are Acer aware and is a firmware update planned to stop this annoying bug from happening?

Answers

• Does the same problem occur when using the display port?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TheClues
    Hi - yes this problem has occured when I'm only using display port connected (which is my normal situation)
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    edited January 2020
    Does the same problem occur with the hdmi cable?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • TheClues
    Hi - yes, I've had my laptop plugged in via HDMI today and turned the monitor off - came back about an hour later and the "blue screen" colour setting had returned and screen was black.
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited January 2020
    I don't know if this applies to your problem, but there should be a new firmare, see: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65552/~/acer-predator-x35-optional-firmware-update

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Boatkettlecheese
    Boatkettlecheese Member Posts: 47 Devotee WiFi Icon
    I don't know if this applies to your problem, but there should be a new firmare, see: https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/65552/~/acer-predator-x35-optional-firmware-update
    There isnt yet as they didnt release anything yet and were back to waiting on an eta.
  • You can send a private message to some moderator and ask if the firmware has already been released.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ilcose
    Ilcose Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

For me the Blue Light Bug is fixed with the latest firmware. I don’t know if the factory reset fixed it or the new firmware itself, but now it is 2 days without the bug since firmware update.
    Before that it happened 3 Times out of 5 when the monitor woke up from standby
  • Commodore_1995#
    edited January 2020
    But was the problem fixed when you use the hdmi cable and also the dp cable?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer