Trying to decide if I should update my BIOS

DJ_Lune44
DJ_Lune44 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited February 15 in 2020 Archives
Hi everyone,
I was just looking at my BIOS ver. and noticed it's a couple years old. Would it benefit me at all to go ahead and update it to the most current one? Also, if I should update it then which one do I pick? I have 4 to choose from: R01-B1 through R01-B4
This is my current system:

Edited the thread to hide sensitive information
Acer-Samuel

Best Answer

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The problem is that there is no changelog that tells you what version R01-A4 will change on your computer.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• I may be wrong, but I think you can only upgrade to version R01-A4. R01-BX versions must be for a different motherboard revision. Also, if your desktop works perfectly, why do you want to upgrade uefi-bios?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DJ_Lune44

Tinkerer

Well when I look at the drivers section it only gives me R01-BX for my PC. I used my SN so I would imagine it only pulls up what's compatible with my system. Anyway, the reason I was asking is because the BIOS I'm currently on just seems a little outdated. If it's not necessary then I won't bother. I basically just wanted to know if I needed it or not. I'm not having any issues or anything but I still was curious.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 97,695 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The problem is that there is no changelog that tells you what version R01-A4 will change on your computer.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• DJ_Lune44

Tinkerer

Ahh I see, well I'll just leave it alone since there's no problems. Thank you kindly  :)
  • I think you made the best decision.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer