My R13 chromebook was broken in left bottom corner of hinge. How can I get a repair service?

Cortana
Cortana Member Posts: 1 New User

Unfortunately, I lost my serial number, so I can even contact a customer service.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Physical damage like this is usually not covered by the normal 1-year warranty. I suggest that you use a 2 part epoxy like JB Weld to repair it as an out of warranty repair would be very costly.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• jt55
    jt55 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Hi, same happened to mine, surely this is a fault? Am trying to find local repair service, once repaired I will sell my Chromebook R13 and never buy Acer again!
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,328 Trailblazer
    Unless the unit is sold as metal case ruggedized, the hinge areas in most consumer laptops are similarly constructed and subject to a great deal of stress, Just google any major manufacturer like dell, asus, acer, hp etc, laptop and hinge problems and see how many hits you get for each. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ScoutShepherd
    ScoutShepherd Member Posts: 1 New User
    This happened to my laptop as well.  Think it must be a design fault.  Used electrician's tape to hold the corner together which worked perfectly, thank you for the tip.