Can't create Recovery Media Acer TC-865

bobjbkln
bobjbkln Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 1 in 2020 Archives
I want to create a Recovery Media Drive to be able to restore my Acer Desktop to pristine condition as a backup.  It wasn't easy to reach the Recovery Media page. but when I finally got there and clicked Next I got the following message:
We can't create a recovery drive on this PC

Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start, use your
Windows installation disc or media.

This is a brand new machine.  What files are missing?  How do I get them?  What are my alternatives? (The computer did not ship with a Windows installation disk)

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    What machine is it? What OS came with it? Is it still running that same OS or has it done an upgrade?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • bobjbkln
    bobjbkln Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited January 2020
    It is an Acer TC-865 desktop purchased 12/15/19.  UUID indicates a factory release date of 9/17/19.  It came with Win 10 x64 Home, Build 1809 and was upgraded to Build 1909 via Windows Update.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yeah, when Windows does it's big updates, it mucks with the recovery partition created by the manufacturer. Best bet at this point is to go the Windows route for creating a recovery disk and system image. You can purchase recovery media from Acer if you really have to have a factory set, but the full recovery process through Windows usually gets you close to the same point.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.