Acer Swift 3 SF314-55 touchpad not working

FyreBoyeYT
FyreBoyeYT Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
most of the time, i put my mouse next to my touchpad while both of them are on. Does the swift have like a magnetic field to make it stop working because of a mouse's optic lens or something affecting the field? If so, how do i repair it?

I tried these:
- Fn F7 does not work
- Battery reset thing does not work
- bios F9 enter F10 enter does not work

any other ideas?
robut - Loving Acer User

Best Answer

• FyreBoyeYT
    Answer ✓
    SOMEHOW IT WORKS AGAIN FOR NO REASON! THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
    robut - Loving Acer User

Answers

• Does the touchpad stop working only when the external usb mouse is connected?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FyreBoyeYT
    yes it did. usually on rides like cars, i use my mouse on my computer. does it affect anything?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• You must enable this function in windows, see:

The image is in Portuguese. Translating to English: leave touchpad on when external usb mouse is connected
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • FyreBoyeYT
    it was already checked.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• Have you tried to update the touchpad driver to verify that it resolves the issue?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    yes, obviously that is what i am going to do first always.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
    and it didnt work
    robut - Loving Acer User

• The touchpad works correctly when there is no usb mouse connected, right? Now, if the problem occurs only when you connect the usb mouse, have you checked if the same problem occurs on the other usbs ports?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    no actually, when i unplug the mouse, the touchpad still dosen't work.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
    but can you answer my question?
    most of the time, i put my mouse next to my touchpad while both of them are on. Does the swift have like a magnetic field to make it stop working because of a mouse's optic lens or something affecting the field? If so, how do i repair it?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• 1) If the touchpad still does not work, does the device manager show any errors? Have you tried resetting the battery?
    https://youtu.be/NfhgnxUJoZo
    2) About your question, the only magnetic field that exists is the one that turns off, hibernates or suppresses the notebook, when the user lowers the display. It is usually located next to the touchpad, but should not interfere with the operation of the touchpad.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    i said the resetting the battery did not work, and the device manager didnt show errors. But is the field on the right of the touchpad or on the left of the touchpad, or right on the touchpad?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
    if it's on the right, it should have some interference, because the only times that happened (2 times) is when i use the mouse next to the touchpad on the right.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• I am not sure about the correct side of the magnetic field of this model. However, it is usually located in the lower left corner, next to the touchpad. Have you ever tried to reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10 before the Acer logo? It is quite likely that some windows update has caused this problem as well.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    you are maybe right. i updated from 1809 to 1909. Though the touchpad stops working after 1 week after installing the update.
    robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
    also by pressing alt+f10 does it reset everything or keep the files? should i stay in 1809?
    robut - Loving Acer User

• So I suggest that you restore windows to a date earlier than the problem occurred. Or you can reinstall windows by pressing alt + f10.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• You have the option to keep the files, see:
    However, it is ideal to back up as a precaution.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• FyreBoyeYT
    oh! i've done system restore before! i thought you meant reinstall 1909
    robut - Loving Acer User

• FyreBoyeYT
    ill do it tomorrow. Ill tell my thoughts.
    robut - Loving Acer User