Acer Nitro 5 AN517-51 Keyboard not working

benrobinson770
benrobinson770 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello, I've just bought a Nitro 5 and some letters on the keyboard including the space bar doesn't work. I've updated windows and all my drivers are up to date. How do I fix this or do I need to get a replacement?

Answers

• andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited January 2020
    Hello, I've just bought a Nitro 5 and some letters on the keyboard including the space bar doesn't work. I've updated windows and all my drivers are up to date. How do I fix this or do I need to get a replacement?

Read this thread in particular the very last post https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/571013/acer-nitro-5-an515-42-keyboard-not-working-how-to-fix#latest

Please click YES if I have answered your question

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• Grantlewis1983
    Grantlewis1983 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Try installing BIOS 1.31, that seemed to fix my keyboard issue. I had same problem just different keys.
  • RMMonteiro
    RMMonteiro Member Posts: 3 New User

FINALLY THE SOLUTION!

After months of facing the problem and keyboard failures, I decided to open my Acer Nitro 5. (AN517-51-56).

The problem is not a driver. It's just the connector lock. Maybe with the vibration and use it will drop. This lock is very cheap at low cost. And it will certainly come loose again.

You just need to push the pins upwards as in the arrow and image.

This is the cost for equipment with good hardware but with low quality parts.

Test it! I did it with my Acer on (not recommended) and in the same instant all the keys are working again.

EM PORTUGUÊS (BRASIL)

FINALMENTE A SOLUÇÃO!

Após meses enfrentando o problema e falhas no teclado, resolvi abrir meu Acer Nitro 5. (AN517-51-56).

O problema não é driver. É apenas a trava do conector. Talvez com a vibração e uso ele vai soltando. Essa trava é muito barata de baixo custo. E certamente voltará a se soltar. 

Apenas precisa empurrar os pinos para cima como na seta e imagem. 

Esse é o custo por um equipamento com um bom hardware mas com peças de baixa qualidade.

Testem! Eu fiz com meu Acer ligado (não recomendado) e no mesmo instante já voltou a funcionar todas teclas.

• TR3Official
    TR3Official Member Posts: 1 New User
    @RMMonteiro You saved me more hours of stress and searching on eBay, with a literal unscrewing of my laptop and pushing up a lock, works like a charm! 
  • daniel85
    daniel85 Member Posts: 1 New User

FINALLY THE SOLUTION!

After months of facing the problem and keyboard failures, I decided to open my Acer Nitro 5. (AN517-51-56).

The problem is not a driver. It's just the connector lock. Maybe with the vibration and use it will drop. This lock is very cheap at low cost. And it will certainly come loose again.

You just need to push the pins upwards as in the arrow and image.

This is the cost for equipment with good hardware but with low quality parts.

Test it! I did it with my Acer on (not recommended) and in the same instant all the keys are working again.

EM PORTUGUÊS (BRASIL)

FINALMENTE A SOLUÇÃO!

Após meses enfrentando o problema e falhas no teclado, resolvi abrir meu Acer Nitro 5. (AN517-51-56).

O problema não é driver. É apenas a trava do conector. Talvez com a vibração e uso ele vai soltando. Essa trava é muito barata de baixo custo. E certamente voltará a se soltar. 

Apenas precisa empurrar os pinos para cima como na seta e imagem. 

Esse é o custo por um equipamento com um bom hardware mas com peças de baixa qualidade.

Testem! Eu fiz com meu Acer ligado (não recomendado) e no mesmo instante já voltou a funcionar todas teclas.

Thank you RMMonteiro! I created an account just to say thank you! This is the only thing that worked. The pins were not even pushed in half way. I thought I had a power issues because the power button wouldn't turn on the laptop. I eventually gave up since I'm no longer under warranty. I decided why not try this and it fixed everything from power button working to all my keys now working.

Just an FYI for everyone else, if you cannot locate this connection it was under black tape on mine. I pushed the pins back up and put the tape back to hopefully help keep the pins in.