X35 flickering(Acer X35 monitor)

Answers

• FixFlickering
    FixFlickering Member Posts: 21 Networker
    It moves on tweeter, soon all the geeks will know the problem, it's deserved.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    My guess is you'd all be more incensed if they released a fix that wasn't proven to work instead of waiting for them to verify they have it fully solved. :)
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Naennon
    Naennon Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    neither nor
    it would be cool if they dont need any kind of updates on such pricey things

• Azmodeus82
    Azmodeus82 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Interesting. I just accidentally found this thread because I am having the same problems with my Z35P Gsync monitor. Tried a bunch of different settings in the osd and even upgraded to a more high-end DP cable. Not just Witcher 3, also in games like World of Warships. The only thing that seems to stop the flickering is to turn off all the Nvidia enhancements, especially any sharpening, which is too bad.
  • Naennon
    yeah u can turn textures to ultra low in PUBG to prevent this
    and other settings in other games
  • dlim389
    dlim389 Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited January 2020
    Ive been waiting for months already. This is so agonizingly annoying. -.-
    Agreed. Acer lied to us that they were going to release firmware update before the end of Dec. 19. And now we have to wait helluva lot longer until they're ready to release firmware update this year which is absolutely ridiculous whatsoever! I am baffled from not only Acer, but also from ASUS and NVIDIA on why they have not spent so much time on quality control! 
  • Naennon
    ASUS and ACER will just change the "dec 19" in "dec 20" on their FAQ subsite and thats it B)

just change 2 digits and all good
  • FixFlickering
    edited January 2020
    I've sent hundreds of emails/private messages on tweeter to influential people, hard to do more ...
  • Ventris
    Ventris Member Posts: 5 New User
    I found another bug, sometimes, rarely, I'm surfing on the Internet, and my screen turns black and then lights up again, and I notice that the led under the screen is no longer red (G-SYNC ON) but white (g- sync disabled). 

In the nvidia control panel, the G-SYNC tab is not there anymore, a bug in the drivers for sure!
    If I disconnect and reconnect the DP cable, it works. 
    Have exactly same bug.
  • FixFlickering
    edited January 2020
    the problem appears after the screen is taken out of standby, a few minutes after often, g-sync will be deactivated, and if the screen goes back to standby and that I take it out of standby, g-sync will be reactivated.its bug with nvidia driver
  • kot0005
    kot0005 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Asus and acer announced their 32inch 4k 144hz monitors, X32 and PG32UQX that are far superior to this. This monitor is outdated already. The 1152 zones means you an get VA level contrasts while eliminating haloing to barely noticeable. Good thing I returned mine. Hopefully the new ones dont have any issues.
  • Naennon
    X32 = LG38GL950 - those screens are far from being superior lol
  • kot0005
    kot0005 Member Posts: 56 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Naennon said:
    You might want to double check..
    x32 is new 32 inch 4k 144hz HDR 1400 G sync Ultimate monitor with 1152 dimming zones and prolyl dolby vision too.
  • Naennon
    kot0005 said:
    Naennon said:
    x32 is new 32 inch 4k 144hz HDR 1400 G sync Ultimate monitor with 1152 dimming zones and prolyl dolby vision too.
      sorry the X38 is the 38GL950 sorry ;)

• Aldur67
    Aldur67 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Naennon said:
    kot0005 said:
    Naennon said:

Eww... HDR400 at $2400... no thank you.
  • Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Aldur67 said:
    Naennon said:
    kot0005 said:
    Naennon said:

Eww... HDR400 at $2400... no thank you.
    I read a few reviews from gamers that said the overshoot is so bad he had to return it.  I was looking at getting this monitor because of 1ms IPS but the truth is, it has bad ghosting.

You can read them here,

https://www.amazon.ca/LG-38GL950G-B-Ultragear-Monitor-Refresh/dp/B07ZS1DZM1/ref=sr_1_1?gclid=CjwKCAiA0svwBRBhEiwAHqKjFnt0E1G53RMkCd0f4H5ZBu17ueUzIbaH244FEinHtzODqSQaNfLpqhoCNLoQAvD_BwE&hvadid=325165303876&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9001290&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=14953933278842274683&hvtargid=kwd-832763355038&hydadcr=18574_10229739&keywords=38gl950g-b&qid=1578330579&sr=8-1#customerReviews
  • damiensmunki
    damiensmunki Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited January 2020
    I just installed the new Nvidia driver that was released this morning, and I can no longer see scan lines on the tree photo. Anyone else?

Edit: Well... If you zoom in a bit and then move around the image, you can still see the scan lines appear and then disappear.
  • Naennon
    ACER Manny anything new on this?
  • Aldur67
    Aldur67 Member Posts: 30 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    I just installed the new Nvidia driver that was released this morning, and I can no longer see scan lines on the tree photo. Anyone else?

Edit: Well... If you zoom in a bit and then move around the image, you can still see the scan lines appear and then disappear.
    I just installed the new driver. I never had scan lines show up in the trees image, but I'm still getting the scan lines when playing games, so it didn't fix anything for me either.
  • Paco572
    Paco572 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Aldur67 said:

I just installed the new driver. I never had scan lines show up in the trees image, but I'm still getting the scan lines when playing games, so it didn't fix anything for me either.
    I just tried the new driver myself, Acer x35 scanline/flickering problems continues to persist. Darn, you got my hopes up, only to be bitterly disappointed again.
This discussion has been closed.